Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Survival of the fittest (or not so fit)

I finally got to talk to my sister after more than a month. It was nice to hear her voice. She and her husband may even be coming to visit sometime in the next couple of months. Hopefully by then we will have a spot in our new house to put them up. We are moving into our new house in 1 week. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the upheaval again but here goes! We found a really nice piece of property, 4.5 acres of parklike setting, really nice big oak trees and other varieties that I will have to figure out. We wanted to find a place with enough space for our kids to have room to
"roam". Plus our daughter wants to have a horse or pony, a couple of goats and bunnies. And, oh yeah, let's not forget the dog. So we should stay pretty busy for the next few years at least. Well, off to bed so I can get back to packing boxes tomorrow. Oh joy! I hope hubby stays in his up mood throughout the whole move process. It has been nice to not have him going drastically up and down in his moods. I've have been suprised that all of the stress of moving across the country, starting a new job, disrupting our kid's lives, etc. has not sent him into another down period. Thank goodness his doc upped his meds to the highest dose possible. I think that has made a huge difference. That and the fact that he is finally letting me in instead of pushing me away. We have recently had some pretty intense talks. Mostly started because I ended up finding his blog address and read through all of his entries for the past year or so. I told him I know it was something that he didn't want me to read yet, and I felt somewhat guilty about it(probably not as much as I should have) but I really really needed to find out what was/is going on inside his head. I don't know how else to be there for him and help him through all of the really rough patches. He says he doesn't want to tell me all of his dark thoughts he has during his really down times and doesn't want to scare me away. I said if you haven't scared me away yet, it is not ever gonna happen. We have been through some really rough patches, basically because of his depression. If he can manage to keep it at bay, maybe I will not feel like I am going to go insane half of the time. I think people underestimate or maybe just don't realize the effects of depression on the loved ones who are living with depressives. I am lucky enough to have a hubby that does understand that if effects me and our kids and consciously keeps himself in check to make sure his behaviors are not being projected onto us. It is all so drearily exhausting! I guess I'll survive. Oh yeah, I was headed to bed. Over and out.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:01 AM , Blogger Duane said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:30 AM , Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN said...

    i think i'm depressed..maybe that is why i scared away my gf?
    i'm new btw how do you bookmark blogs?

     
  • At 11:48 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Mr. dude man, i don't know much about computers, but if you want to bookmark a blog, you go to the blog address, pull down the bookmarks tab at the top and click on "bookmark this page". then you can name it whatever you want to. Hope this helps. I was going to email this to you but couldn't figure that out either. hope you get this message.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN said...

    cool thanks.
    i only have the option set to get emailed when people comment on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home