Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MIA

I know I've been missing-in-action lately. I've been busy knitting up a storm, visiting the Columbus Zoo, and trying to keep the kids busy for the remainder of the summer.

The knitting group that I joined is making an afghan to donate to charity. These mitered squares......

....will be sewn together.

I love how the group consists of a wide variety of people of all ages, personalities and genders (yes, there is one guy). It's really nice to get together with a group of people who have this one common interest, but often the conversation revolves around daily life. We share patterns, tips, and ooh and ahh over everyone's most recent projects. But we also learn a little bit more about each other without the irritating structure of a formal, over-organized group. Some of our most recent outings included a visit to a baseball game of the local AAA team. We called it "Stitch 'n Pitch". It was ultra fun including goodie bags (given by our lovely coordinator) filled with Big League bubble gum, a sample of yarn, and a plastic clapping hand. Yippee!! I can't wait for next year's! What better way to pass the time during a baseball game, but to knit, knit, knit away! See Bearette? I told you we had fun here in Ohio. ;)

I'll leave you with these............



The first of a collection of dishcloths I got hooked on. This one is the same pattern as the one I made for Bearette. Unfortunately, the pattern did not show up so well on her's because I used variegated yarn.



This pattern is named "Elfin Lace".



I love the earthy colors in this yarn. These are all going to be Christmas gifts. I'm making a bunch more to add to the collection. I'm officially obsessed. :)



And this lapel pin is a gift for the new mom-in-law. Ron says she'll love it because it's hideous. I knew I had to make it for her as soon as I saw the pattern. She has an eccentric style which works great for gift making. The bright pink yarn was a gift from Bearette. She gave me a bunch of leftovers and look what I created! (told you I loved scraps!)



Mary Jane slippers for my mom's birthday. Cute, eh?




And finally, a handbag I made with a bunch of scrap acrylic yarn. I've gotten a ton of comments on it so far. All my knitting buddies just love it. (so do I!) It's the perfect size to carry my current project around with me. I'm going to make one in shades of blue for my mom's other birthday gift. And Jesse has requested one in hues of blue and green which I'll probably surprise her with as a Christmas gift.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    That's awesome! I love all the projects (but especially the lapel pin) :)

    I'm probably going to have some more yarn soon that's too small for hats or mittens...I can always send it to you if you'd like :)

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I love that bag!! :)

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cute slippers. :)

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    That bag is my favorite.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home