Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Still alive and kicking

I know, I know. I have no explanations for my long absence.

Moving on.

**To all the women out there, have you seen this hilariousness???? The Happy Period Yes, it's safe to view at work. Unless your work place is Proctor and Gamble. Hee hee.


**I am currently working on this hat for my niece's birthday. She's turning 8 years old and I'm hoping she thinks it's cool to look like Hermoine from Harry Potter.

**Also? I may soon become a Trucker's Wife (aka Trucker's Widow since I won't freaking see my hubby at all). As a last resort, he is looking into doing trucking school and then seeking employment transporting "stuff" around half the country. The pros? We can still pay the mortgage and buy food and prescriptions and fun stuff like that. The cons? Well, I think you can probably guess those.

**I'm missing my baby girl today. She turned 12 years old at 1:05 am today. And I don't get to give her a big birthday hug because she's thousands of miles away visiting family in Cali. Boo for me, but I know she's having a blast. She'll be gone a total of 5 weeks (I know!) and she didn't think THAT was long enough.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Welcome back!

     
  • At 1:42 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Thanks, Bearette!

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Five weeks is a long time to us. :-)

    I remember when I was a kid I loved to go places. Now I get antsy if I leave my home more than two days.

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Caro- If I'm honest, the quiet around her has been wonderful. I'll most likely want the kid back home around week 3 or 4. Is that bad??

    I still love to go places. If I had it my way, I'd take off tomorrow for a 3 month vacation to go backpacking across Europe (or Spain or Africa or Australia or anywhere but HERE).

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    The quiet around *here*.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home