Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bad hair day like no other

This afternoon we had sort of a "hairbrush incident" at our house. Jesse was brushing her hair with one of those round hairbrushes and, oops, got it tangled up. Next thing you know (of course I'm not at home at the time) she has half a bottle of conditioner on her head trying to get the hair to slip off the brush. No such luck. She calls me on my cell phone somewhat panicked. I tried and tried and tried to loosen it off the brush, but no such luck. So she gave in and said go ahead and cut the brush off the hair. Before doing so, I explained to her the options which were very few. Go to the hairdresser to see if they could find a style to fix it.....or live with a hairbrush dangling from her head.

After leaving the salon, she was quite unhappy. I think it looks cute although her bangs (the portion that had to be cut drastically) are still long enough that they fall into her eyes and she thinks pulling them back with a barrette looks stupid. So I told her tomorrow we can go back to the salon and, very nicely, ask that they trim on her hair some more. She asked the girl to give her layers, which didn't happen. So we'll see what the end result is tomorrow.

Boy are so much easier. Just get the buzzers out and take it all off every coupla months. No prob. ARRRGGG!

On a happier note, one of the local meetup groups that I belong to is planning a two-step dancing night, free lesson included. Yeehaw! Think I can convince Ron to go with me? Not bloody likely but I shall try. :)

And on another happy note, I may be getting an infant in the next couple of days. Not just an infant, but a newborn. As in one or two days old newborn. Details to follow............


EDITED TO CORRECT: The meetup is swing dancing, not two-step. I'm sure that will make a huge difference whether I have a partner to go with or not. ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Yikes! I've gotten a round brush tangled before, but not to that extent. I hope the salon can fix it for her the way she wants, although if she didn't like what the lady did this time, maybe a different salon (or a different lady at the same place) would be a better option.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home