Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some good......some bad

At this moment, my mom is in surgery getting a new knee. The doctor is probably sawing through the bone right now. Nice visual, huh? She was pretty anxious when I talked to her on the phone last night. It was strange with the whole role reversal thing. I had to reassure her that everything will go alright and she'll be back on her feet in no time at all. She really is going to be on her feet soon....within hours of coming out of surgery. That seems amazing to me. After she recovers from this surgery, she will be getting a replacement on the other knee. I feel so bad living this far away and only being able to support her by phone. And the guilt sets in.

My son is going on a 3 day trip with 200 kids from his school to Canada......Ooooh, Canada! I love the national anthem, but NOT when the whiny singer from Rush tries to sing it acappela. He may be Canadian, but it was SO painful to listen to. Anyhow, we have to pack his bag tonight with a bunch of clothes that he may or may not wear and with shower supplies that he may or may not use (he's 12 going on 13, get it?). They are going to see Niagara Falls, head on to Toronto, and fit in a Medieval Times show. I hope he has fun. I hope the kids that keep teasing him at school take a break for the next 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home