Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My boy's a TEEN!!!

Thirteen years ago I was basking in the sunlight coming through the hospital room window. Right beside my bed was a bassinet with the cutest little newborn I had ever seen. Curls of bright orange colored hair atop his head....just like his daddy's. Even though I was 20 years old, I did not feel too young to be a new mom. I didn't know everything I needed to be prepared for parenting, but if I had been 25...30...35 years old I would have been just as naive.

I am feeling a little sad on this day. Not because my baby is turning 13, but because this is his first birthday that I will not see him or talk to him. I'm a big sap, I know. It's just a day right? I guess it's more than that to me. We'll be celebrating his birthday with him when he gets back from summer camp. I hope someone remembers to wish him a happy birthday today. We sent him a card which I'm sure he and his cabinmates will enjoy profusely. I should have taken a picture before we sent it, but this is what it said:

On the front is a picture of a squirrel holding 2 nuts up in the air.

On the inside: "This squirrel would give his left nut to make sure you have a happy birthday."


**teenage boy laughter ensues**

4 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Awww...happy birthday to him!
    :)

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    You can insert late 20's female laughter too. lol

     
  • At 12:41 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Hey Roxanne,

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my win over the nasty insurance company! My first shot is on Friday and I can’t wait!! Wooohooo!!

    Your boy is a teen huh? The years just fly right on by… I think that card will definitely bring teenage boys to hysterical laughter!! Good work mom!

    Mt

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    The card made me laugh too. Don't worry. You can still mother him at 13. My mum still does and I'm 27 :p

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home