Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Woooo FREAKIN Hooooo!!!!! (my rendition of the drunken karoke singin' neighbors)

Please will someone help me figure out a way to politely tell the neighbors that their very loud karoke fest is keeping my daughter from sleeping. It is now 12:30 in the a.m. and she came out of her room to plead with me to go ask them to turn down their music. I'm guessing from the sound of it, that they are very drunk. There are many "Woooo!"s and "Yeah!"s interjected into the lyrics where I do believe they were not intended. They have been quite considerate of the neighbors in making sure that their sound system is working perfectly and turned up WAY past 10 on the dial.


How do you nicely (without starting a fist fight) ask drunken people to turn down their music (therefore disrupting their fun) ? Can you tell I'm a very non-confrontational person?

7 Comments:

  • At 1:48 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Hey Roxanne,

    Thanks for the gazillion hugs! Keep an eye out for that magic wand… just in case!

    As for your neighbor problem… call 911!


    mt
    www.mtcutie.blogspot.com

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Yeah, I'd call the police.

    Once a guy who lived down the hill from us in MA was lighting a huge fire to burn his leaves. It was getting kind of scary. I called the fire dept and they came and asked him to tone it down. My mom was actually mad at me! She was afraid he would be mad at her.

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I'd call the cops too. They're used to this kind of stuff and that way the neighbors don't necessarily have to know who called. Besides, that way if there ends up being a pattern of this kind of behavior, it can be documented by the authorities. ;)

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope this works this time. I have been trying to comment for MONTHS. Thanks for all of the great comments..... yeah, kids say that "darndest things".... argh.

    j

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    The people who used to live next door to my parents used to do the same thing. When my parents asked them to turn it down they didn't get mad, in fact the invite them to the party.

    Sadly they did not turn it down much.

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I ended up not doing a thing(typical) but actually I had good reason not to. Soon after I posted, about 12:30 am, they quieted down. No more "Wooohooo"ing and my daughter could go to sleep. This was a first time thing and we've been in this house for almost a year now so I don't suspect it will be an ongoing problem. Thanks for all of your advice though! I guess it is true that if you call the cops and you're not the only neighbor then how do they know? I just don't like involving a third party if you can avoid it. And I don't like spoiling other people's(occasional) fun just because it inconviences you for a bit.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Oooooh, you're so naughty! Revenge is sweet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home