Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Garbage in..........Garbage out

"You owe me $5."

"Actually you owe me extra cuz I touched the can with my hand and got it dirty."

"And I was wearing a sweater which made me really hot.....that'll make it another 50 cents."

"So all together that makes $6 that you owe me."

~My daughter upon arriving home from school~

(and as I glanced out the front window witnessing her loading the garbage and recycle can onto the garden cart this thought crossed my mind.....how sweet- she's finally learning to take on some responsibilities)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Liz, is that supposed to cover the cost of her getting to DC to wash it? lol

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    That way her hands can get clean after touching the disgusting trash can.

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I give it a few years till she has her own business empire.

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Stu-She'll either own a business empire or be an attorney. We keep telling her that someday she needs to use her negotiation skills to earn a living(and pay for our retirement) :)

    Liz-yes, I think we can work out a deal, but I think the plane ticket will have to include leaf collecting. Yes, we STILL have piles of leaves hanging around. The police decided to pay us a visit the last time we were burning leaves. Jesse had a friend over and asked if we were going to go to jail. Quite an entertaining sleepover indeed.

    Suzy-maybe you can come help her do some chores to help her earn her way to DC? I hear you're very good at cleaning ceiling fans.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I can handle ceiling fans, but I'm not allowed to clean them anymore when I'm by myself in case of an accident. lol

     
  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    AL- Yeah, she's a barrel of laughs. I have a million more anecdotes to try and record.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home