Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Please God....if you're out there.....I have a favor to ask

We had a long talk last night. It was one of those talks that is both good and bad. Good: because it involves him letting out his emotions that he keeps pent up all the time (and feels like he needs to keep from me in order to protect me...even though I've told him that I am HERE and want to be that soft place for him to fall). Bad: because he has no idea if he will ever get to a point where he has any hope again. Hope for a future. Hope in general. Isn't is always that when there is a disaster of some sort, that the one thing you hear the victims say is, "At least we still have hope. If nothing else, we still have hope for a future."

I am going to do everything in my power (which I haven't figured out quite what that is) to help him regain that hope.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but since I don't (me? lacking in wisdom? what a crazy thing to say!), I'll just cross my fingers and keep sending good thoughts your way. :)

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Thanks, Suzy. Any and all good thoughts are gladly accepted. :)

    roxanne

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger JaG said...

    Sending good thoughts from Holland aswell!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home