Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Delectable Weekend Indeed

Saturday morning hubby and I went to run some errands (kid-free) and stopped at a little diner to get a shake before going home. I had lemon (yummy) and hubby had strawberry. The kids like having a little bit of freedom if we leave them for a couple of hours here and there. They get along really well without killing each other or tearing the house up while we're gone.

Saturday night we gathered the rest of the leaves into piles (yes, we're still dealing with leaves) and had a bonfire after dinner. So instead of making the job of burning leaves into a chore, we're hoping to make it into a few fun evenings of hanging out and yakin' by the fire. Of course we had to break out the marshymallows. We still have a TON of piles to burn so if anyone wants to join in......let me know. We're just a hop, skip, and jump away. Well, for some of you it might be farther, but just load up the kiddies,doggies, or whatever other living creature you can grab hold of and git on over here! (yes, I have gone completely insane)

Sunday we headed up to the Lake Farm Park just outside of Cleveland. We got to watch a horse and dog relay. No, they were not passing the baton to one another. The teams consisted of one horse and one dog. The horse would do it's run, jumping it's jumps. Then the dog would do it's run. Very entertaining. Next up, Jesse got to try out milking a cow. Each kid got to have one squirt off the teat. Woo freaking hoo! I told hubby, "Even though I grew up around a lot of different farm animals, I've never milked anything. Well, except myself." "Nice, really nice."

Did I mention that Sunday morning started out rather pleasant? Hubby says, "I bet the churchies wished they were having as much fun as us. Just think of all that pent up energy that needs to be released."

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I'll have to come to the bonfire then I guess since I seem to be long lost family :p

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home