Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Swedish Men are Hot

Have you ever met someone for the first time and wish you could spend hours upon hours with them? I met this Swedish man in the sauna at the "Y" the other day that made me cry....literally. Yes, we were both half-naked, but before you get any ideas this guy is 82 years old and I am not Anna Nicole-ish. He was the sweetest guy ever........and hot (but that might have had something to do with being in the sauna).

He was talking about moving to the States when he was a young boy. Eventually the conversation circled around to when his father died at age 79. He remembers his mother asking, "Do you think he loved me?" At this point he had tears rolling down his face. He said it broke his heart to think that his mother had doubts such as this. He added that he reminds his own wife that he loves her quite often. At this point I have tears brimming in my eyes. Needless to say, I was very touched. This man whom I had just met let me into a very intimate part of his life.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Benjamin Antman said...

    Hey there Roxanne. I'm a swedish guy and I can say that Swedish culture holds trust and honesty as a virtue. Many foreign students I have met have also mentioned the same thing that you here tell about honesty.

    We normally do not let people come too close to us but if we for some reason trust a person we make sure to never miss that opportunity and tell them of who we really are. It might sound a little gay but it's what all swedish men carry on in my opinion.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree. I'm from the UK and I love Swedish guys! I wish we had more here :(.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home