Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Done Been Violated

My yearly womanly physical is always such a joy. Not only do you get to have cold, hard metal instruments inserted into certain areas, but you're expected to hold down a conversation about your kids, the weather, if you've gone to college (and what your major was), what was your first job. Basically anything that the doctor thinks will distract you from the fact that you're being violated. Oh yeah, don't forget about the gloved finger up the butt.

I would take a "turn your head and cough" exam over this any day.

And to top it off, the doc informs me that I'll need my first mammogram in two years. How's that for making me feel old?

(Look at me....I'm posting more than once a day now!)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Ridiculously I got a mammogram when I was 18 or something...I think I was curious to see what it was like. So you're not old! ;)

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Curiosity killed the cat....and apparently your breasts too! :)

    Not looking forward to mine. I've heard enough details from my mom to know that I'll only do it when they force me to.

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Eclipse75048 said...

    Turn your head and cough certainly doesn't compare to speculum in the nether regions, but the "new" checks aren't very nice. We ALSO get the gloved finger (or two) in the butt for the prostate check.

    And it's not just on the old guys. I've been subjected to that humiliation since I was 27 or 28. Either they like to do it earlier now or my doc is a flamer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home