Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bozo, the Insult Clown

Conversation in the car this evening:

Jesse: That's not the right size nipple.

Friend: OK. I'll make it the way he likes it.

*squeak, squeak*

Jesse: NOW it's the right size.

Friend: I think he's happy now.

(configuring the end of a balloon into a nipple for their stuffed doggie....what were YOU thinking it was?)

Coversation with Bobby when we went to pick him up at a friend's house:

Bobby: Can I stay another night?

Roxanne: I don't care as long as they want to put up with you another night.

Bobby: *chuckle*

R: Do you have anymore clean clothes for tomorrow?

B: Yeah *awkward pause* Well actually I never changed clothes since yesterday so I still have clean clothes in my bag.

Conversation at the local library today:

Roxanne is standing outside the door of the kid's room as they're having a presentation. Jesse is inside with the rest of the kids. A few other parents are standing outside the door. Mr. Clown walks out of the room past the parents. I'm wearing my very fashionable capri pants. Mr. Clown looks down at my pants and says, "It looks like you used a little too much hot water in the wash." *rim shot* Then he notices a mom standing beside me wearing pants that were hanging down past her shoes and onto the floor (I would have never noticed if it wasn't for Mr. Clown). He makes some comment to her which I didn't quite catch. After he left I said, "Hey, it's the insult clown". It got a few laughs. The clown on the other hand got zero. Later, when he was making a balloon hat for Jesse, he used the same "joke" on me. Come on, it was bad enough the first time ,dude. Has anyone else been insulted by a clown? This was my first.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I've never been insulted by a clown, but I don't like them. There's something creepy about them. I think they scare children, too.

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Hey Roxanne,

    I didn’t know what to think regarding the nipple comment. I read it to fast for my mind to wander to anything dirty… sorry to disappoint.

    As for the clown… I think I would have kicked him in the nuts and blamed it on one of the kids… haha


    mt

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Soooo funny! Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I got this mental image of a really disgruntled chain smoking clown. I hate clones. They are just creepy.

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I got the mental image of a disgruntled clown too! You have to wonder who they hired for that. lol

     
  • At 1:35 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I don't know if he was a chain smoker or not...didn't see him take his coffee break. But this has reminded me of a family friend who was once a clown. She used to entertain at birthday parties and such. She is bipolar. Guess what her clown name was.....HAPPY!

     
  • At 12:39 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    I would think the way clowns dress that they shouldn't be making any commentary on the way others dres.

    Thanks for the comment that you left on my blog. I am resting the ankle through the weekend, I think and then I am going to attempt to get back out there on my hikes.

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm digging the conversations. I was thinking a bottle nipple. My High School mind must be gone. ha! I'm with Marisa on the clown thing!!!

    I updated my pyscho story and explained a little more!!! She has so much potential to be a neat person but doesn't utilize it. Instead she likes to create drama for J and I.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home