Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

OK, third and final post of the day....I promise

After much discussion, we've decided that we're going to send the kids to granny and grandpa's this summer. Yay! I'm not sure what we'll do with all the kid-free free time while they're gone. I guess I can think of a few things....that one spot on the couch.....outside under the stars (note to self: don't forget the bug spray). But besides that, we should start planning now so we can use our time wisely. I wonder if we could pull off a mini vacation just the two of us while they're gone. Must. Start. Planning. Now.

The kids don't know yet. I think they'll be psyched. They'll get to see old friends, old family, and new family. Grandma Donna said that she'd love to meet my family and see the kids again so she might drive down with her husband. Also, there's lots of thrift and antique shops. I never did get to tell my story about shopping with her while she was here. I basically had to drag her out of the Goodwill store so I could get home in time to work. And then the next morning we went to an estate sale that advertised "Quilts" in their ad. She ended up coming away with a boatload of stuff, including a giant bathroom mirror. She had big plans of putting it in her carry-on bag. I figured it would be easier for us to ship it home for her. Plus I don't think it would pass through security, with the whole potential of it being turned into a weapon and all (breaking it into shards and putting it up to someone's throat). So, $23 dollars later, she has her thrift shop mirror on the way to her as we speak. Have I ever mentioned before that I HATE PAYING POSTAGE? That's why I love email. That's why I love online banking. I can practically hear the kaching-kaching in my pocket every time I save myself from wasting a postage stamp. Anyhow, I forked over the money. I hope she loves her mirror.

Now where was I? Oh yeah. The kids. Summer. California. We decided we could either send them to summer camp again or to California. Let's not forget that they'll get to see Skippy again.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    What a great idea! Thank goodness for grandparents, eh? You'll have to pass along Skippy updates after they get there. ;)

     
  • At 12:38 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Suzy- I'll try to get some pictures of him to post also.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home