Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

And on a lighter note

Jesse was talking about the boy she's in love with. "He's hot, nice, and funny." My response? "Well, those are some pretty good qualities."

In the meantime, Nate is scheduling his classes for the next school year. Is he really going to be in high school? Talk about making me feel old.

He is thrilled to have a choice of classes. I was surprised at just how many choices he does have. They handed out handbooks with brief descriptions of all the classes. It reminded me of a mini version of a college program guide. For his electives he is interested in Theater (I guess it's no longer called Drama), Technology, and something involving cooking (there's a whole slew of choices in that category). I'm excited for him and everything that lies ahead in the next four years.

Aw, high school memories. Aren't they the best?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wish my parents had let me take more of the electives I was interested in. Sounds like they've got some really great ones now, beyond your basic woodshop and home ec.

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    For me my college years are some of my best memories. I did theater as well but I was doing back stage stuff.

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    It's almost frightening how many choices they have now. Although even if we'd had that many choices when I was in school, I don't know that I would've had the time for them. Must prepare for college!! lol

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I hated high school.

    I'm glad your son is looking forward to it. He sounds nicely social.

    Especially if he's taking theatre. (We still call it drama in my area)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home