Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Don't be messin' round on me

You know how sometimes you wake up from a dream that's so real, so gut wrenchingly real, that you HAVE TO seek out the person that did you so very, very wrong in that dream? And then if that evil person that did you wrong is lying right next to you when you wake up it's so very, very hard to not reach out and punch them smack in the face?

Don't worry, I restrained myself. But I still have not shaken the feeling that I had when I woke up. It's one that is still resting in my gut. Yes, it was just a dream. But the contents of the dream are something that happens to couples all too often. They are the types of things that split marriages and break off engagements. What am I talking about? You guessed it. Cheating. Messing around. Fillandering.

It is the one thing that I don't think I would ever be able to forgive. I say "don't think" because I've never been put in that position and no one ever really knows how they'll react to a situation until they are actually presented with one. I said so much in my dream. I said a lot of things in my dream in between taking extremely deep, long breaths so as not to pass out and continually having to remind my husband that I DID NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO ALLOW HIM TO TOUCH ME WHILE HE GROVELLED. He couldn't quite understand how I didn't want to cuddle up while we discussed the fact that he just showed up at our house with two other women to have a threesome. Oh boy, the look on his face when he opened the door and there I was. Hi honey. What's this? I knew right away when his expression turned from boyish and gleefilled to oh my god my wife just caught me and either my life is literally over (because she's going to grab a knife and take me out this minute) or she's going to rake me over the coals before sending me on my way. Either that, or she pretends to forgive me and spends the rest of our years together making me feel like a piece of dirt for all the crap that I've put her through.

Anyhoo.....

Amongst the questions that I had for him:

Is this the first time this has happened? No

Are these the only two wenches you've been with? No, there was a third, but she's no longer in the picture. (yippee...not)

Do you realize that I might possibly never be able to get over this and what that implies? [stunned silence] (I wasn't expecting an answer so that's fine)

Um, do I need to worry about dying from HIV/AIDS or getting some other non-deadly but equally non-friendly disease? (I never got an answer to this one because I woke up)

11 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Huh...I wonder if Big Love inspired the dream somehow.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Bearette, apparently Roxanne's love isn't quite that big. lol

    Roxanne, that kind of dream would freak me out too, at least a little. Dreams that are so real can be hard to shake.

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I dreamed once that my husband was doing some woman in the shower while I was in the next room.

    So I decided to have an affair too, only nobody would have sex with me.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I've never had the affair dreams but I did have a dream once that was so real it affected me for the rest of the day.

    It sounds cheesy but I had a dream that I was in a deep relationship with one of my female friends. When I woke up and remembered I was not I felt depressed for the rest for the day.

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- It might be, but I suspect it's my insecurities rearing their ugly head again. And I have a few other suspicions about the new relationship of our upcoming visitor. I might write about it later.

    Suzy- I'm still thinking about it. Then again, I tend to over think dreams. :)

    Caro- That is so sad. I'll refrain from analyzing that one. I bet in real life you'd be a hunk magnet. :)

    Stu- Maybe you should have taken initiative and asked your friend if she would like to take it to the "next level" since it made you feel so bad. Just a thought.

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll have sex with you, Carolyn.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Apparently Caro's a babe magnet, too. As long as the two of you don't show up on my doorstep when my husband is expecting me to be out shopping. :P

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    Lol, I have had dreams like that before. I had a dream that Chris cheated on me and I was sooooo pissed at him when I woke up. It makes no sense, so I wonder why we feel that way?

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    LOL - i saw liz's comment before anyone else's. Hee!

    Roxanne - i'm interested in hearing your suspicions! also, i have some yummy light blue cashmere blend in my stash, for your hat :) Let me know if you hate light blue...

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I love light blue. And that's one of the colors I don't have yet. :)

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In my dreams we have one of those "Big Love" relationships where my husband openly has a relationship with another woman and I'm supposed to be okay with it. I'm not.

    My hubby and I have discussed my multitude of dreams of jealousy and we've come to the conclusion that things are too perfect and therefore I must create drama where it does not exist. Ya know, just for the fun of it.

    Those dreams aren't half as bad as being eaten alive by zombies. Now that really sucks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home