Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, March 12, 2007

We're not in Utah anymore

It's official. I'm hooked. I found out about this show that was on HBO called Big Love. It's a story about a polygamist family and all the intricacies of their relationships with one another.

I first became intrigued with polygamists when I had one visit my home to cut down a tree. One time we were having a yard sale and this nice family was rummaging through our junk. The man was mentioning to my husband that he noticed one of our trees was leaning quite a ways over to the side and should really be cut down before it fell and caused damage. Fortunately, (for him) he does just that for a living. He would be more than willing to give us an estimate on the job. And, oh yeah, you see those 2 beautiful women looking through your stuff? They're both my wives. And I'm planning on adding a third pretty soon.

He was very cocky about it, too. When they left, Ron told me about their conversation. He was a little too intrigued by the whole idea. I put him back in his place (and have done so every time the subject comes up) by telling him that he can barely handle me. Do you really think you could deal with more than one round of PMS every month? I didn't think so.

So this guy comes to chop down our tree. Well, not really chop, but chainsaw it down. He proceeded to let me know that he always brings along another person of the male persuasion so that he is never left alone with any women. This prevents any sort of hanky panky from happening while he's on the job I suppose. The testosterone was dripping off his body. I had to step back. My question is why would he need to go after random women? Doesn't he have enough to keep him busy at home?

After watching the first episode of Big Love (courtesy of our library), I knew they had me. It wasn't the nekkid butt shots or the frequent sex scenes, although those aren't bad. It was more about the relationships and the roles that all of the members of the family fulfill, including the children. I would take this kind of drama over Grey's Anatomy any day. I was over Grey's after the first few episodes of the first season. Anyhoo, I highly recommend it. Just don't put any holds on the DVDs at my library. I can't wait to get to episode 6!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

    And here I am still waiting for my (1st) marriage - there must a a wonderful lady out there - who is in need of t.l.c.

    You are a natural - with your blogs luv them!!

    Greetings from Scotland.

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    Have you seen NBC's Heroes yet. There is a show that will really get you hooked :p

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is awesome that your library carries so many DVDs. I LOVE Big Love! Can't wait for season 2 at Blockbuster.

    Which is your favorite wife?

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Cool! I had the show in my Netflix queue for a while, then took it off for some reason. Wasn't sure I would like it. But your recommendation is strong :) Plus, my best friend from high school likes it.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I've really wanted to watch that show, but I didn't know it was out on DVD already. And, of course, we don't have HBO. So I'll go look for it now! :)

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Searching- I'm sure you'll find a wonderful lady. :) Thanks for the complement. We just recently found out that my kids have Scottish background in their heritage. My daughter said, "Yay!"

    Stu- I've seen Heroes. All the other members of my family got sucked in. I've only seen a total of about 3 episodes. I lost interest when I feel behind and had to keep asking who was who.

    Liz- I LOVE our library system. Although we were just saying that we need to put in a suggestion for more PBS videos. They seem to have all the blockbuster movies, but they need to make sure and have the educational ones, too. Let's see, my favorite wife...hate Nicki. She's way too manipulative and that pouty look that's always on her face. I like Barb for her resilience. I think my ultimate fave though would be Margene. I could sooo see myself hanging out with her. Well, except for the fact that she's not allowed to have friends. ;)

    Bearette- Just in case you're not convinced, I'll recommend it to you again. The only problem is waiting for the next DVD to show up. I'm dieing here!

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Suzy- We don't have HBO either. I love that they have shows on DVD now as an option for those of us not willing to pay $50 a month for cable. Oh, and gotta love borrowing them for free, too! (not trying to rub it in)

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I put it on my Netflix queue. We don't have HBO, either - D canceled it a year or two ago, after Verizon raised their rates.

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    You have to find someone who has all the episodes. Kill for the DVD if you have to. If you like Lost you will love Heroes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home