Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

And the winner is..........

Before you can stop holding your collective breaths, let me indulge you with how I came up with the winner.

Thank you all for your contributions. And for those of you that only commented but did not have any ideas, I would like to at least thank you for your comment. No need to mention the non-effort. :P

I thought I might combine a few of the entries, but soon decided against that. Is this any indication why: "Under the quilt in the Midwest: meatless and loving it! Come play with our business....I mean purple bunnies"

Moving on.

Liz's emoticon contribution reminds me of something. Although I have mostly gotten past my fear of the emotional icon (I found out that's what emoticon meant by googling it the first time Liz used the word. That's how much of a non-computer geek I used to be.), I still do not know what most of them mean. Some are self-explanatory. Others I look at and turn my head from side to side like someone viewing those 4-D pictures where the picture is supposed to appear from out of nowhere. I have the same amount of luck with the emoticons as I do with those dumb pictures. So, if any of you have extra time on your hands, would you inform me of the meaning behind those little faces? I promise I'll pay you back if you have any questions about quilting or crocheting or kids or living in an emotionally charged house. It would be kind of nice to use something other than these :) :( ;) :P at the end of my comments. And I prefer to know what the heck I'm saying before I start throwing these little guys around willy nilly. I'd hate to offend someone.

Onto the naming of this silly little space.

The winner and the reason why:

Under the Quilt

I liked it as soon as I read it. It's just a touch mysterious. Who's under the quilt and what are they doing? It also reminds me of why I like to make quilts. You know that safe, warm comfy feeling you get when you're under a quilt? Especially one that is handmade (for those of you lucky enough to have a handmade quilt). The simple action of someone laying a nice, warm quilt over the top of you, whether when you were a child or now as an adult. Under the Quilt also represents my anonymity. Even though I've shown you my face, I still remain mostly anonymous and plan to keep it that way so that I don't feel like I have to change what or how I write. Because who really wants that?

So, Bearette, if you are ok with emailing me your address and feel like you would benefit from having a hat and/or scarf from moi, go ahead and do so.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Thank you!! I'm so honored :)

    I don't know many emoticons either. I only know :) :( ;) :D and :P.

    I thought under the quilt was a cozy name.

    I'll email you my address!

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    It's cozy. Very... pink... but cozy.

    I only like a gentle smattering of emoticons, but can offer some I don't really use for the collection (I tend to use the kind with hyphen-noses, I think they look kinda naked without them):

    8-) glasses/smart

    :-S confused

    :-$ embarrassed (that's a dollar-sign mouth)

    :-# braces (the dental kind)

    :^) cute little pointy nose instead of a hyphen

    <:-) party hat (or conehead, take your pick)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home