Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stu dared me to do it......



....and I finally got around to it. Your dare: Use the word the phrase 'Vikings are Invading' in a normal conversation with out telling the other person why you are saying it :p

I didn't want to cheat and tell a story to the kids about vikings. I was trying to come up with some way to fit it into an adult conversation without looking like a total idiot. Of course, I already come off as an idiot most of the time so why worry?

Today, one of the three year old girls that I care for enticed me to play act with her. Hmmmm, could this be the opportune moment I've been waiting for?

She had the polar bear and I had the horse with the wild hair. This is sorta kinda how it went:

PB:I'm going to eat you up!
H: Oh no! I don't want to be eaten. Let's be friends.
PB: Ok. But I'm still going to eat you.
H: Well, I'm just going to run and hide. (horse gallops away under the blanket)
PB: Ok. I won't hurt you. You can come out.
H: (hesitantly peeks out from under the blanket)
PB: Roooooaaaarrrrr!!!!!!!
H: I think the Vikings are Invading!
PB: No, I'm just going to poop and pee and fart on you. Pfffttt!! Heeeheeeheee!
H: (hiding under blanket again)

5 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Hee! I love how she just rolled with the punches ;)

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    Hehe. Great way to fit it in. I thought I had you beat :p

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    A pineapple? Nope. I think I'd be protecting my melons from the vikings (if you know what I mean).

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    The Vikings are invading you say?

    Maybe they will take my third-born with them.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Maybe you can dress him as a viking next halloween and they'll take him with them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home