Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours

Boy, oh boy. I guess I did ask for it. And believe me, I ain't complaining a bit. I've had interviews with parents during the day and almost every evening. I have two more lined up tomorrow. Yay! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Current status:

* A 2 1/2 year old girl, 2-3 days per week (she loves the bunnies)

* A 16 month old boy and his 2 1/2 year old sister, I'll be meeting them on Thursday but mom has already signed them up for 2-3 days per week

* A 9 month old boy who I had last week; he already has a daycare but I'm the backup

Those are my "for sures". Then I have the newborn baby girl that visited when I couldn't quite focus on her. I'll be calling them back to see if they have any more questions or if they made a decision yet. Tomorrow I have a 9 month old girl visiting in the morning and a 3 year old girl in the evening. And then I just talked to one of Jesse's friends' mom about after school care. If that works out they will both be thrilled. This is one of her friends who has been to our house numerous times and vice versa.

It's funny because for the last 10 years that I've had my daycare, there were only a handful of girls the whole time. Now it seems the trend is changing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to turn anyone away due to conflicting schedules. Legally, and for good reasons, I can only have 2 children under the age of 2 at a time. So hopefully all the under 2 crowd will have schedules that stagger, either days and/or times.

Yay!! (happy dance)

Bring on the play dough! Get out the paints! It's time to parrrr-tay!!!

(now I bet you're all jealous of me and want to have a job where you get to sniff playdough and play dress up and get paid for it.....yeah, I didn't forget about the poopy diapers and snotty noses and late parents but it's still worth it)

*****I haven't forgotten about my end of the deal with our Truth or Dare game. I'm still working on a couple of them and then I'll post. Still can't fit the "Vikings are invading!" into a conversation yet. Dang you, Stu! Maybe I'll try it in the sauna tonight.....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Stu's dare is a good one ;) Daycare does seem like a good job...no corporate crap!

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    If you get involved in a conversation about football, you could somehow reference the MN Vikings that way. :)

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    HooooRAY!

    (You're right about the playdough -- I was thinking it before I even got to that part of your post. Mmm, playdough. My mum used to make it, always blue, with tons of salt so my brother wouldn't eat it.)

    The Vikings: I'd cheat. Tell one of the kids a story with Vikings in it... then you can't help but have them invade. Storytelling's a conversational activity, right?

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    You could try it with the kids. "I know, lets play a game of Vikings."

    Although it would be much more entertaining to see how you fit it in at the sauna :p

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger anne said...

    Yay! It's so good to hear you so upbeat, and with all of this business to boot! I knew it would just take some time. It's so exciting that you have all these people who need your help. I admire you with your kidlet knowledge - I am a total novice with kids and I probably always will be.

    I'm so pleased for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home