Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Let's see if Blogger lets anyone read this thing

Time to dismantle the Christmas tree and throw it in the bonfire pile along with last year's tree. Next year we will break out the fake one that I bought for 50% at the after Christmas sale.

Ho hum........

Time to get the kids back on a regular sleeping schedule (and myself) again before school starts back on Monday. They have been having sleepovers with friends, both at our house and at friends' houses which often means staying up all night and collapsing on the downstairs futon the following day.

Ho hum.........

I'm almost finished making my sister's birthday gift, a crocheted afghan. The name of the pattern is "Sophisticated Swirl". My sis isn't into anything fancy or extravagant, so I tried to pick something simple yet interesting. I like how it's turning out so far. Maybe I'll post a picture if I remember to before sending it off. I'm also making those no sew fleece blankets for all of my niece's and nephew's birthdays this year. Sent the first one off already for a Jan. 4th birthday. If I remember, I'll take pictures of each as I finish them. They are super simple and cost the same as I would spend on a typical present....a little over $20. I waited until the fleece was on sale at JoAnn's for 50%.

Ho hum....... (aka: boring post)

On a more interesting note, Ron's b-mom is probably going to visit sometime in February. He offered to let her stay with us, we have plenty of room and nice comfy sofa. If she accepts the offer, it'll allow for more late hours of visiting and looking through photos and learning family history. Yay! It still seems all so strange to me. I'm just so glad that they both have the opportunity to get to know each other, even though there was a lot of missed opportunities....37 years of them. My fear was always that we would find out who she was only to discover that she had already passed on. But now, there's so much healing to be had. I know it'll come slowly, but I'm just glad that the opportunity is there.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I was wondering too! I just kept getting a white screen the last couple days.

    Your hubby must be so anxious for February now!

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    as liz said...welcome back from the dark side! i can read your blog now. the february visit sounds exciting.

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Yay! Now even I can view my site again. I finally gave in and went with the supposed new and improved Blogger. Yeah, we'll see.

    Don't want to jinx anything, but I finally have an actually interview setup with a prospective parent this Monday. (yippee)

    And one of the ladies in my swimming class said that as soon as her BIL goes back to work, she'll be looking for daycare as well as her niece. (yippee)

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I was worried something had gone wrong too. Glade to see it's all working now. Maybe your blog had a New Years hang over.

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    There is never such a thing as a boring post.

    I like reading it all.

     
  • At 2:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's so neat that you guys get to know her. How awesome to learn about her after so many years! I used to stop in here a bit and hadn't in a while so just thought I'd say hello. My page is private but if you want to, you can request access.

    Lyns

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I hope the interview goes well! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home