Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Who's Your Momma? (and while we're at it.....Who's Your Daddy?)

Just a quick post before I put myself to bed. I believe we have a new member of the family. No, there wasn't any babies born recently. But there was one born almost 37 years ago and the person responsible for bringing that life into this world is alive and well and very, VERY excited at the prospect of developing a relationship. If you didn't get the gist of this yet, Ron's birth mom responded to his email. Let's just say, if you can tell anything about someone from a few emails back and forth, she seems like an awesome individual. And she's willing to let him guide how quickly or slowly their relationship progresses. And she never wanted to give him up for adoption. Just those few simple facts has already won him over (or at least convinced him not to run at full speed in the opposite direction). And I'm not exaggerating when I say that that is a HUGE DEAL.

Jesse: Yay! Now we have a new grandma!

Bobby: It's like we've found the missing piece to the puzzle.

Roxanne: (no words to express how I feel. Ecstatic, grateful, hopeful are the best I can come up with right now. And maybe YAY!)

9 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    That's so great!! What an awesome "gift" for Christmas!! :)

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    yay!! i can't wait till they meet.

     
  • At 10:02 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Yay. I'm so glad things are working out.

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is my first time to your blog. I followed you over from Reds(Opps Invading Holland). What wonderful news and I wish happiness for you both.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    That's great news and just in time for Christmas :)

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger anne said...

    Absolutely outstanding.

    I am so happy for Ron and for your whole family!

    --anne (new blog)

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome! So happy for you!

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I promise I'll update soon. I've been busy helping at the school and trying to figure out (still) how to get back to work. This whole sahm and volunteering gig does not pay the bills. Go figure.

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isn't that the best Christmas gift!! This post left me all smiling!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home