Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Crossing my Fingers

Since our bank account is feeling rather parched lately, I am going for a job interview tomorrow. I haven't given up hope on starting my daycare back up again. It is truly my calling. I love it and have spent a lot of time imagining myself enjoying any other job more than caring for children. I can't come up with one. So I will continue to advertise and try to get some "word of mouth" going. In the meantime, I would like to contribute to this family in a financial way again.

While browsing through the classifieds, I was attempting to find something with flexible hours. Mostly because I now have to drop off and pick up Jesse at school (remember the school levy not passing and now my daughter is no longer allowed to ride the bus even though there is a bus stop at the end of our street......still not over that one).

The job I'm interviewing for is working with the elderly. I figure it's pretty similar to children. Helping with bathing and personal hygiene. Doing laundry. Running errands. Shopping for their food. Entertaining/ companionship.

It actually sounds like something that I could enjoy. Wish me luck.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    good luck! i think you are a real nurturer :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Good luck! I think you'd fit very well with that job!

     
  • At 6:33 PM , Blogger Gingers Mom said...

    Passing by via the TMI spot. Best of luck to you on your job hunt. I hope that you are able to find a way to fulfill your calling.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I think it just may have worked. :)

    Gingers mom- Thanks for stopping by! I have a ginger too, only mine is sick and tired of being called ginger at school.

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    r - is your son ginger?

     
  • At 7:47 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- Yes, he's a ginger. And last school year a group of kids starting calling him "ginger" and not in a playful teasing way but in a rather cruel way. Even some of his teachers joined in not realizing how detrimental it had become to his emotional and social well being.

    I'll have to post a picture of gorgeous locks sometime.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    kids can be so mean.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home