Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hmmmm.......Comfy or Sexy?



This weekend we will be driving 8 hours one way to attend the wedding of my cousin's son. It should be interesting since I don't really know the groom. Last time I saw him (the first and only time) he was 12 or 13 years old. I'm not one of those people that likes to attend weddings of people that I don't know. In fact, when I got married, I did not want anyone there that did not know Ron or I personally. So I am going against my beliefs with this one. The main reason why.....my mom will be there. Even though I've been able to visit with her quite frequently in the past year and a half since we moved, I don't know when the next opportunity will come. Also, two of my uncles (mom' bros) will be there and I don't get to see them very often. Also, my mom said that it would mean a lot to my cousin to have us there. Apparently the bride's family is affluent (the dinner is $38 a plate....kids are not invited). My cousin and his wife (parents of the groom) were feeling left out of all of the wedding plans. They were invited to help out by taking over the bar tab. This required them to pay $5000 up front. Cha-ching! They are planning on taking all partially used bottles of liquor home with them. We may come home with some leftovers, too. Will update you soon on that one.

So, on to the important stuff. I need your help again, my dear internet friends. I am not fashion savvy.....AT ALL. I purchased one pair of black dress pants, a purple dress shirt, and then a few days later a black skirt. I think I've decided on the skirt (with the help of Jesse my fashion consultant). The portion of my wardrobe that I need help with is my shoes. Yes, I said SHOES! I have an old pair that I've depended on for many occasions (purchased at Payless Shoe Source eons ago). They are comfy and dependable (meaning if there is dancing to be had, I can actually participate without twisting my ankle and falling on my face). The other pair was recently purchased and I'm not quite sure how they will fare with any sort of activity level. But they are quite a bit more sexy.

So......what do you think?

13 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i like the sexy ones better, and from the picture, they don't look like they have too high a heel, which is good for activity. also, you can take them off when you dance...i usually do this at weddings...although you have to be careful not to let anyone step on your feet. hasn't happened to me yet ;) just keeping a safe distance seems to work.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- It was not easy to find a low heal decent looking shoe. I don't know how women wear those things every day.

    Liz- I'm picturing myself wearing them with my jammies and fuzzy robe. ;) I like the idea though. I did try them on with the whole outfit including pantyhose the other night and they feel doable. I might bring the other pair since we're staying in the same hotel that the reception is being held. I could do a quick change if possible.

    I also realize I'm spending WAY TOO MUCH time consumed with thoughts about shoes. But I should be used to that by now. ;)

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    for a while they had really cute kitten heels at nine west & i bought a bunch of them. they are my wedding shoes. now they're back to spike heels again, but maybe the kittens will come back!

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I must admit, never heard of kitten heels. But I'm guessing that they are chunky (aka- non ankle twisting). Must investigate.

    Anne- Thanks for the input (plus coworker's). Of course, now I'm torn. ;) I tend to agree with you though. I am always all about comfort and, as you can see, don't dress up too often.

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    Please, women don't wear shoes for comfort, lol. I really like the sexy ones better myself.

     
  • At 3:55 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    the kitten heels are actually small and fairly thin, and they kind of curve in like pair #2. in fact, those might be kitten heels, though i'd have to see them for real to be sure.

     
  • At 3:56 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i looked at the pic again. those aren't kitten heels, but they're close...the heel would just need to be thinner and come to a smaller point.

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    As a man with no understanding of shoes I am un-able to give any advice that would not involve boyish statements like, "I bet you could run faster in the other ones."

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I think you wear whichever pair your gut says to go with, but take the other pair in the car just in case you want to change your mind! ;)

     
  • At 11:49 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Rachel- Welcome! I tend to make shoe purchases for comfort first, looks second. I figure if my feet aren't happy, then I'm not happy either. But that's just me. Cute kids, btw. :)

    Bearette- If kitten heels are smaller than my "sexy" shoes, then they ain't for me. I was stretching my ability to walk on heels with these ones. If you notice the size of the heel on the other shoe it'll give you an idea of how non-heal capable I am.

    Stu- Maybe that's what I should do to decide which ones to wear. 100-yard dash at the track...here I come! :P

    Anne- I have to agree with you again. I'm always about comfort first. That's why high heels are always my enemy. But I shall endure them for certain occasions. But I may just have to bring a pair of tennies along as a backup. ;) Has Ron been sending you pictures of me? (re: You are pretty) ;) Seriously, I don't put too much emphasis on fashion in general. This is basically for the fun of it. And to get a second, third, fourth opinion. Thanks for yours!

    Suzy- I think I will go with what my gut says....or maybe what my feet say (ouch).

    Now.....ENOUGH ABOUT MY FEET!

     
  • At 12:47 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    Wow, it looks like I missed the shoe talk. That is good as I am fashion clueless.

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    Get one's with go faster stripes for extra speed.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger JaG said...

    Wear the sexy, but take the comfy with you! That way you can switch should the sexy not be comfy. (I <3 the sexy ones, btw!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home