Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What Shall I Do?

Once again, my indecisive self must turn to the internet to help me make a decision. It's either that, or I'll have to rely on the flipping of the coin technique.

At least it's not a life changing decision.

Predicament: I am making a quilt for my mom's birthday. I started it on Oct. 1. Her birthday is Oct. 27. I usually do all of my quilting by hand. Meaning every last stitch is done with a needle and thread and me sitting on the couch. I decided to try sewing the pieces together (piecing) with the sewing machine to see if I could do it accurately. I am almost done putting the top of the quilt together. Only problem is, I am going to do hand stitching for the quilting portion (the stitches on a quilt that hold the front to the back and often form intricate designs). I knew I wouldn't be done or even close to being done by her birthday.

Possible Solutions:

1. Take a picture of the completed top of quilt and send it with her birthday card to give her a sneak peek of her gift.

2. Write in her card that her present will arrive when it is completed.

3. Get her something else for her birthday, finish the quilt leisurely, and give it to her for Mother's Day.

4. Insert your own ideas here.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I think if you're going to be finished relatively close to her birthday, then just send it a little late. But if it's going to be really late, then I'd go with getting her something else for now and give it to her for a later occasion.

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i like the sneak peek idea. i'm not even sure why. it just seems exciting ;) i think she'll be touched that you're making her this quilt and maybe you'll be giving her the gift of anticipation?

    however, if she gets upset by not having something concrete, maybe you should get her something else and give her the quilt for mother's day.

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I like the sneak peak idea but it would be good if you could do it in a way that she has no idea what it is until she sees the finished thing :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home