Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

From the mouth of a nine year old

Jesse: "When I get old enough to vote, I'm gonna vote for someone who doesn't lie."

Dad: "Well, there's no such thing."

*************

Jesse: "It's ok if you guys express your love for each other at night, AFTER I've gone to bed. Just don't do it during the day when I have to see it."

Alrighty then.

************
(Playing the board game of Life)

Dad: "Do you want a girl or a boy?"

Jesse: "A man! I'm not gay. I want to marry a real man. Not a girly man."

**************

Jesse: "So when a man gets that surgery so he can't have babies, how do they do it?"

Dad: "Well, it's called a vasectomy and...."

Jesse: "Do they cut 'em off with scissors?"

Dad: *cringing* "No, not exactly."

Jesse: "Do they use a rubberband like on goats and bulls?" (from a previous conversation)

Dad: "No, they do a surgery and cut the tube that the sperm travel through."

Jesse: "Oh, so you can just have sex and no babies."

Dad: "Yeah, I guess so."

****************

Jesse: "I'm never going to have sex with anyone. I do want kids though, so I guess I'll adopt. Plus, I don't want my skin to get stretched out like you."

Mom: *sound of crickets* *more crickets*

*****************

10 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    She is an opinionated gal ;) Is she still veg?? My niece always says she'll be veg when she grows up...although she's 10 going on 40. She asked me how much my rent was! She said, "It's never too early to be thinking about these things."

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    That's hilarious! It's so funny some of the opinions we have when we're young.

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- She wavers on a few things...pepperoni(don't know if they have "veggie" kind), some types of lunchmeat. But every dinner time she chooses not to eat the meat and finds some other kind of protein (until I start cooking some alternatives). I think Jesse is like your neice. She is always thinking way beyond her years.

    Suzy- Yeah, she's a barrel of laughs. Every. single. day.

    Liz- Hey, maybe since you love my kids, they can come visit Aunt Liz for a while. Then maybe mommy and daddy will have more expressing love time. Whaddaya think? ;)

     
  • At 12:09 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i think they might have veg pepperoni (made out of seitan, probably). it might be hard to find, but i bet you could get it online...

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- Mmmmmm....gingersnap pancakes. Can I have the recipe?

    Bearette-I've never thought of ordering food online, although I'm sure a lot of people do. It just seems wierd I guess. I'll have to start searching the stores. Can you believe I couldn't find tofu the other day? And we moved from somewhere that caters to vegans and vegetarians. There's even a local plant that makes tofu. Just our luck. :(

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    What a pistol!

    I bet there's never a dull moment around your house.

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    The comment about the girly man made me laugh out loud :)

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Carolyn- Yep, she keeps us hopping (kinda like the bunnies :)

    Stu- The girly man got me too. I forgot to add that my remark at the end was, "So he has to wear flannel then?" (kind of an inside joke. Hubby's fave thing to wear.)

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Lynsey- Except she'll probably forget all about that once she hits puberty. Hormones have a way of making you forget about all that you've learned. ;)

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger Sarah Louise said...

    sound of crickets--I love that!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home