Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Click

We took the kids to the cheap movie theater yesterday. $1 per ticket. Sweet!

We decided to see Adam Sandler in "Click".

After the movie:

Jesse: "I almost cried. That was so sad on that one part."

Roxanne: "I DID cry. Yes, it was very sad."

Ron: "So did I." (for anyone that knows him and has seen the movie, you'll know why it affected him)

It was one of the most thought provoking movies I've ever seen. And I thought we were just going to watch another goofy Adam Sandler movie. I would have even payed full price to see this one. Now that's saying something!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    that's interesting! d & i actually didn't like it because we went in expecting a comedy...and the second half was more of a tragedy. but it was definitely more thought provoking than typical adam sandler fare. the wedding singer is still my favorite of his :)

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- We had gone into it expecting a comedy also, but were impressed by the plot. I love movies that take you through the whole spectrum of emotions...I laughed my butt off, I cried, and it warmed my heart. I loved the wedding singer too! Great 80's songs (and I LOVE Drew Barrymore).

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! Would never have thought it! I'll keep it in mind. Worth seeing now.

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Lessie- Yep, in my opinion it's worth it.

     
  • At 2:34 AM , Blogger The Beast Mom said...

    well, I'll have to check this out now. can't pass up a review like that!
    -bm

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Beast Mom- Hey, that's what I'm here for. To inform the masses.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    An Adam Sandler that is thought provoking? I never thought I would live to see the day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home