Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Answer me!!!

The answers to all of your wonderfully engaging questions:

Stu
You could tell us which blogger 'those' dreams were about :p


Stu, Stu, Stu....what am I gonna to do with you? If you must insist, it is someone you know and it is someone who is H-O-T. Let your imagination run wild! Sweet dreams.....
(did you figure it out?)

Annelynn
what's your favorite color...and why?

My favorite color used to be purple. When I was a kid I was the queen of purple. I was also obsessed with rainbows. For Halloween one year I dressed as a human rainbow, including rainbow suspenders like Mork from Ork (yes, I was the dork from ork). The colors that I tend to lean towards now, would have to be differents shades of blue, pink, and still purple. The reasons why? I'm not sure I can explain it. I like the way some colors make me feel. Another thing I LOVE is the enormous range of colors in sunsets. I only wish they would last longer....

Bearette
How old are your children?
What's your astrological sign?


Bobby is 13 and will be in high school next year....my baby is lost to the teen years... :( ...and it makes me feel really old.

Jesse is 9 and in the fourth grade.....she's no longer a little kid anymore.

Second Question: Is that your best pick up line? ;) My birthday is right on the edge of Scorpio (Oct. 24...you can send gifts when the time comes). I've never been one to believe the whole planets aligning thing though. Although I have in the past read my horoscope and lived my life according to it. ;)

Suzy
Are you still glad you all moved to Ohio? Do you think with recent events, things will be different for your hubby going forward? Last, but perhaps most importantly, favourite sex position? (Yeah, I had to go there.) lol


Oh, what an excellent first question. There are times when I wish we hadn't. Like when I want family close by to lean on for support. Or when I want to go to the beach. Or when I am feeling guilty because I am not there to be the one my family can lean on. Overall, I am very glad we moved. Now that my kids have adjusted pretty well, it feels like home. It feels right.

I most definitely think that recent events were meant to happen. If not, Ron would not be getting the help that he's needed for a very long time. I knew it, could feel it deep down, that this was a major turning point for him. I think one of the most important positives to come of this, is the fact that we have laid everything on the table. Things are out in the open like they've never been before, which is very important for his healing. He is finally realizing that I don't want him to keep the mask on with me. I'm very hopeful and optimistic these days.

And for your last question. I knew if anyone went there, it would be you, Suz. ;) Well, let me see. There's that one where.....no not that one. What about....no, not that one either. I guess I'd have to go with a combo. First, me on top straddling and facing him. Then I do a switcharoo and I spin around facing his feet and finish off the deal. (for some reason that did not sound romantic, but it is very effective) You did ask.


Liz
Name one quality you wish you possessed, and the one you are most proud of.
Can you remember the funniest joke you ever told?
Were you always sure you wanted children, or did you have doubts?
And lastly... why are you so against the use of emoticons? ;)

I wish that I had more self-confidence. Not that I want to be the life of the party or anything, but it would be nice to be able to go to a social event without clamming up and feeling so self conscience. I don't want to have so much confidence that I become cocky. The quality I am most proud of is my compassion. I think that's why I feel pretty capable with my choice of career.

The funniest joke I've ever told: A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, we've got a drink named after you." The grasshopper says, "Really? You've got a drink named Fred?" --I can't take credit for this one. It was a joke that was always recited by the whole band/flags when we would go to our band competitions and band camp etc.

I have always wanted to have children. I never pictured myself as a young parent (heck, I never thought I would get married young either, but such is life). The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I didn't want to wait until "the right time" in my life. It never comes and then you end up with regrets. Some people think that you should wait until you've settled into your career or bought a house or traveled the world or had a carefree blissful marriage before the kids come into the picture. I wanted to be young enough to be able to relate to my kids and not have forgotten what it was like for me at their age as they went through different stages. I wanted to be able to enjoy any potential grandchildren without being too old and feeble. Yes, I actually thought about these things before making the decision. I was 20 years old and Ron was 23. He definitely had doubts and since has told me (and I sensed it for years with his little "what if" comments here and there). He felt that I talked him into it. I wish I would have realized this at the time ,of course, so we could have had more lengthy conversations, but all in all I have no regrets. Our kids were meant to be. And I think any person contemplating having children will have doubts. Like you, I tend to over analyze things. But there have been times in my life that I had to follow my heart (insert cheesy music here). Sometimes you just know when things are right.

And for the last question: Ah, yes. My old enemy....the emoticon. As you may have noticed, ;) I have gotten over my dislike of ye old emoticon. Sad to say, but I think I have joined the ranks of the EAA (Emoticon Abusers Anonymous). ;) Having said that, I have not ventured any further than this ;) and this :). Maybe those are the only emotions I am willing to express online or perhaps it's because I haven't figured out what the heck the rest of them mean. Frankly, some of them scare me with the x's for the eyes and such (it looks like a dead person to me).

Jef
If given a choice to live again, would you still choose being an american, a female and a mom?

I would definitely still choose to be a mom. Hands down. Female? Well, I have had dreams before in which I wish I was of the male species.....don't jump to conclusions. They were actually dreams of urinating. And it felt sooo good as a male. I have no idea why, but I loved it. Other than that, I would still want to be a female. Even with all of the inequality that women still face in so many ways. There are way too many good things about being female, that I wouldn't want to give it up. Plus, I'd have to give up the mom gig and I'm not willing to do that. As far as being an American, I'm not quite sure. I hate that Americans (in general) think that our country is superior to others. I hear people say that we should feel privileged to have been born in America, that others are not as lucky. I'm not so sure I agree with that. Yes, I realize that there are places where children grow up knowing what it really means to suffer. But that doesn't mean that America is the best place to live over all other countries. I love flipping through National Geographic and wondering what it would be like to live in some of those places. The simplistic life of a tribe in Africa. Material posessions are almost non-existent. The community is everything. Traditions are still intact. So if I had the choice to be born in a different country, I would probably choose to live somewhere else. I mean, who wants to live the same boring life over again? I have ethnic roots from Sweden and I've always wanted to visit there. That might be a wonderful place to grow up. There are so many wonderful places on this earth. It would be hard to choose just one (plus I might make my non-American readers jealous if I didn't choose their country) ;)


10 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i love the urinating dream.

    scorpios are cool. i'm a cancer (good sign, bad name ;)

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I love all the answers! I figured that if you refused to answer any of those, it would be the last question I asked. lol

    And just for the heck of it, I'm an Aries. :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    cool! i always like knowing what everybody is. Liz?

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    After everyone gives us what sign they are, Bearette can give the rundown of who is compatible. Since I have NO idea. ;)

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger jef said...

    Love your answers Rox. Thanks! and the sex thing that Suzy ask...well! what an image that's all LOL!

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    hmm. if alex is carefree and idiosyncratic, probably more likely he's an aquarius ;)

    i used to really get into the compatibility stuff. but i'm a cancer and d is either a virgo or a libra...sources are torn as to which he is...and if he's virgo, we're really compatible, and if libra, not as much...so i decided, the compatibility thing is probably silly.

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    Sorry. I'm just noise :p and I'm still not sure who it is.

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Stu- It might be someone who just recently revealed their identity. Just maybe. ;)

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    Superman? Spiderman?

    Either I'm not too bright or I think I missed a post somewhere..... or both :p

     
  • At 10:59 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Stu- since I can see this is eating you up, the person we are speaking of revealed their identity on their own blog (for a short time). Got it? ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home