Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas....La, La, La, La,La

We cut down our tree on Saturday

Had some piping hot apple cider after freezing our behinds off at the tree farm

Put the tree up on Sunday and decorated it while listening to Christmas tunes

Built a fire in the fireplace

Wore Santa hats while decorating the tree

Shopped for a few presents to donate to the school's toy drive

Shopped at Sam's Club for groceries and had an interesting conversation about vegetarianism in the meat isle (where I finally outed myself as a non-religious vegetarian)

Ate candy canes

Waited for snow to start falling

**What did you do to get ready for the holiday?**

5 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    that sounds very tasty...all this talk of apple cider. we never have a tree in ny (d is jewish and feels a little strange about it) but mom usually has one in MA, which is where we go for c'mas anyway...

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Mom and I pulled out our little Xmas tree. It's a fake one that's about 3-4 feet tall, and she sets it on a little table in the living room. Since she just leaves the lights and ornaments on it, all we had to do was pull the platic covering off! lol

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I don't set up anything while I am in Holland because I always spend Christmas back in England with my parents. I know find that its really nice to get there and everything is suddenly christmasy. I'm going over in a little under two weeks. I'm looking forward to it

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is the sweetest post! How merry! How jolly! Seriously. Sincerely family-oriented and emotionally healthy. You are freaking ready for Christmas! :)

     
  • At 12:43 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- It was quite tasty and hit the spot. I bet getting a live tree in NYC would be quite costly anyhow. And you don't have all the mess to deal with. :)

    Suzy- I bet your tree is very cute!

    Stu- I hope you enjoy your time with your parents. Say "hi" to your dad, and his mustache, for me. (that was actually a tad bit embarrassing when I found out he read my comment) :P

    Lessie- You betcha! We are SO freakin' jolly around here, it's almost sickening. (I think I need to go put myself to bed now...gettin' a little loopy)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home