Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Walking the Mall with Bouncy Hair

I was supposed to work from 7:15 am to 5:00 pm today. Around 7:20 I received a call relieving me of my child rearing duties until 2 pm. So, what to do? I knew I needed to shop for a few things, including the health food store to look for seitan. I ended up at the mall to pass time until The Healthy Nugget opened.

Did you know there's a whole species of people out there called "Mall Walkers"? Today I was introduced to them. As I entered the mall at 9:17 am, I headed to the left just to wander and get warmed up a bit. Little did I know (have you watched Stranger than Fiction?), that I was a itty, bitty fish trying to go upstream, without a paddle no less. Everyone else in the mall, and I mean EVERYONE ELSE, was walking the opposite direction that I was. There was a mix of mostly elderly people, a few young speed walkers sporting sweatsuits, people with canes or walkers, and even an elderly gentleman with headphones on jamming to his musak. It was quite entertaining. Even though it seemed to irritate some of the walkers (and probably BECAUSE it irritated them), I kept on truckin' in the same direction that I had started. I'm stubborn like that. I'm also not a sheep. Well, not all the time.

I also got my haircut today. The stylist was really working the specials, Malibu treatment this and Redkin treatment that. Supposedly to strip all of the minerals out of your hair from using well water. I got talked into buying some Bedhead shampoo and conditioner because it was a 2 fer 1 deal. Not that they ever sell it for regular price, but oh well. The name: Dumb Blonde. So, who's the dumb one? At least it smells good.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    the mall walking sounds fun, maybe i will do it in my 60s ;)

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Better to mingle with the mall walkers than the street walkers. It's a little safer. :)

    You have an actual hairstylist? I'm envious.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    And now Liz has made a song run through my head.

    And I raaaan, I ran so far away.

    That is Flock of Seagulls right?

     
  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Yup!

    it's on my iPod.

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Ding, ding, ding! Now I get it! At first I was envisioning a flock of seagulls dropping loads of white goop on top of your head and then you using it to style your hair. Sort of like in There's Something About Mary, but funnier.

    Carolyn- I don't have an actual stylist. Just whomever happens to call my name as the next one on the list. My current place is Fiesta Salons. $14.99 for a wash, cut, and blow dry. And lots of good tips on how to strip the minerals from my hair. I guess the gray roots growing in were screaming out, "Minerals!".

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    I'm still waiting on the conclusion of Truth or Dare. :)

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Rachel- I'm getting there. Don't worry. I'm getting back into the groove of multi-tasking now that I'm working 10+ hours a day again.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home