Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Water for Elephants

Here's a shout out to Carolyn for this book recommendation. I don't usually read books or watch movies just because someone says they liked it. But as soon as I heard the title of this book, I was intrigued to find out more about it. I mean, who doesn't like elephants? I'm only on Chapter 2 and I'm hooked. Actually, I was hooked after the prologue.

Also, a great big thanks to all the voters who support public libraries. I'm almost able to forgive you for not supporting the schools. But not quite.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:56 AM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    Oh, I read that a few months ago... the ending felt a bit predictable to me, but the story was *great* -- let us know how you find it in the end!

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    it's interesting, i took the book out of the library a few months back, and gave up after chapter 2 or so. maybe i should try it again.

     
  • At 2:21 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    It was recommended to me so I can't take credit.

    I loved the way she wrote. It felt to me like I was really reading something an old man would write.

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    What's the book about?

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Purple Owl- La,la,la,la,la!!! I don't want to hear anymore. I like surprises.

    Bearette- I do that a lot with books too. I think I often give up too easy. This one grabbed me and pulled me in though.

    Carolyn- I think that's what caught me from the start.

    Stu- Let's see....it's about elephants and water and....no really it's about the travelling circus.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home