Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, February 02, 2007

All in a Day's Work















I've decided that caring for other people's children is both good and bad for me personally. It's mostly good in that I receive some really great rewards and satisfaction knowing that I get to be that special person that families can rely on. Such as running to the store for formula because mom forgot it at home and will be late to work if she has to drive back to pick some up. Or getting to see a child's "first", may it be a word or step or cutting with scissors, and purposely not telling the parent so that they get to be the one to witness that first while with their child. I could go on and on about the good parts. The bad part is when I hold a newborn and all those familiar smells come back....baby powder, Dreft detergent, spit up. And it makes me want to jump a certain someone's bones when he gets home. And then I remember that it won't get me the results that I'm thinking of right now. Besides that fact, my job is the best one that I could imagine. Now that I am firmly back in the swing of things, I can finally admit that there was probably a very good reason why I had such a hard time getting back to work. If it hadn't been this hard to start back up again, I wouldn't be able to appreciate every dirty diaper I change and runny nose that I wipe. There's way too many positive things throughout the day that by far outweigh the negatives. Of course, I haven't gotten strep throat yet. ;)

****There's a prize (TBA) for the first person to correctly guess which thing in the above pictures could be an event for both children and adults. Look very carefully.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- It was actually a request from one of my moms quite a few years back. I loved the idea and have stuck with it since.

    Sorry, you don't win the prize. Although that was very creative! You can keep trying.

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I think it's the Scratch and Sniff Party. LOL

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Ding, ding, ding! Suzy wins the prize! Somehow I'm not surprised you got it. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home