Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Aaaawwwwww!!!!! He's so cute!

OH MY GOD! Like, I can't believe it. I'm totally gonna freak out! I get to go see the cutest singer, like, ever!
-Jesse, tomorrow when I tell her where we're going

Ron was scanning the net for upcoming performances in our area. First, he was checking what the ticket prices were for Billy Joel. Too rich for our blood at the current moment. And after seeing him perform the Star Spangled Banner at the Superbowl last night, he may be crossing that threshold of "please retire while people can still respect you".

Lo and behold, he came across Jesse's absolutely most favorite singer. He will be performing at a local university auditorium (which means it will probably be one of those semi-intimate settings) tomorrow night. Tickets=$10. I volunteered to be the one to take her. Secretly, I was as excited for me to go as for her (Shhh, don't tell). Hey, he's a decent singer and if he were about 10 years older or I was 10 years younger, it would be appropriate for me to have a crush on him. Oh yeah, I guess I didn't mention who this mysterious performer is.........Ryan Cabrera. Wish me luck. I'm sure there will be lots of pre-teen screaming. Of course, I may just have to join in also. ;)

9 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I've never even heard of him :O

    I like Billy Joel, though. was the anthem performance embarrassing?? i hope not.

    have fun!

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I thought Billy did a good job with the anthem, and he didn't try to act like a rock star half his age.

    I hope you have fun at the concert. I wouldn't want to trade places. lol

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    Oh yeah, there will be lots of pre-teen screaming and lots of, like, oh my gahs, like, ya know.

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- Got my jeans picked out. Yep, he's her first. Somehow that sounds wrong, especially coming from the mom.

    Bearette- Not only is he super cute, he sings good, too! He has 2 albums so far and Jesse knows every song by heart ( I know most of them :)

    It wasn't an embarrassing performance. I just hope that he decides to finally retire before it gets to that point. I hate to see one of my favorite performers hold on for too long past their prime.

    Suzy-I thought he did a good job, too. I can just see signs of him heading across that line and I hope he decides to really retire (and not just say he is and then comeback yet again) before he does.

    I'm looking forward to it almost as much as she is. She's been buzzing around ever since I gave her the good news. :)

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    And for any interested parties, he has a website: ryancabrera.com where you can hear clips of some of his songs. Our computer has visited there way too many times.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Rachel- Oops! Didn't see your comment the first time. I wish there were ear plugs to drown out the screaming so I could just listen to the music. ;)

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Shelby said...

    thanks for the visit today :)

    happy Tuesday!

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I've not heard of him before either but my musical knowledge is not so great.

    I'm even going to a concert for a band tomorrow that I don't know but apparentilly is really big.

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger anne said...

    Hmm. I've never heard of this fellow, which goes to show I'm both old and also out of fashion. Actually, I think I've been both of those things all my life!

    At any rate, so very cool that you are doing that. Your daughter will love you forever, even if she loses her voice screaming! If she's wont to do that sort of thing in front of her mom, at any rate.

    I recall (with some embarrassment) my complete and total obsession with John Taylor of Duran Duran for a goodly number of years in high school, so I understand Ryan C.'s attraction. I hope you guys have fun! I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home