Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

For all you David Letterman fans......."It Ain't Oprah, til it's Oprah!"

For the first time in over 37 years, there will be a reunion of two hearts, two souls. They spent 9 months together not knowing one another, but there was still a bond. One that will finally have the chance to grow.

I am so excited. Probably not as excited as the person who is coming to visit us in a few mere weeks. I don't think that would be possible.

She already informed me to not worry about cleaning the house too much before her visit. (Yay!) I told her we'd probably mop the floor and run the vacuum. Of course, Ron knows I'll be cleaning like a mad person anyways. I always do that before anyone visits. I think it's nerves more than anything.

I now have an excuse to visit the Amish again. Quilts. Yay. Homemade pies. Yum.

I cannot wait. Let the sharing of pictures and stories begin!

She finally told her mom and sister the news of finding him. She was hesitant for a multitude of reasons. Mostly it was because she didn't want a repeat of her first announcement years ago. (hey mom, I'm 16 and pregnant....probably didn't get a very nice response). Luckily her mom and sister were ecstatic. They only live a 12 hour drive away and already want to visit and/or plan a family get-together.

While I was on the phone with her the other night, she was asking the kids' shirt sizes because she has some t-shirts from her office. She then asked me if Ron would be okay with me telling her his size and I said I wasn't sure. He was listening to my half of the conversation and said, "Sure, bring it on. As long as it's not Oprah."

6 Comments:

  • At 2:34 AM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    Oooooh... I hope it goes well.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    How exciting! Are you visiting the Amish before she arrives?

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    That's so cool!! I was just thinking the other day that she was supposed to visit sometime soon. I can't even imagine what's going through her or Ron's minds and hearts right now.

     
  • At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It sounds like it's shaping up beautifully. I can't wait to hear about the reunion.

     
  • At 1:15 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Purple Owl- Me too. :)

    Bearette- Nope. That's one of the things we have planned while she's here. She's psyched!

    Suzy- Yep, the emotions are going to be running rampant around here. I believe I'll be joining in. (Note to self: stock up on Kleenex)

    Liz- I promise to post as many details as I can get away with. I wish I could include pictures, but then I'd have to get the permission slips out.

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    How wonderful!

    I hope your visit goes perfectly.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home