Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, March 05, 2007

If you were eavesdropping in my car......

... you might have heard this one.

"Umm, mom? If you're on your period, can you do the "blech" thing? You know what I mean, right?"

(Yes I immediately knew what she meant. For those of you that don't, the "blech" thing= sexual relations.)

I didn't want to go too much into detail with my answer. Even though she can come up with these inquisitive questions, she IS only 9 years old.

"Not really. Most people would think it's gross."

"Duh!! I mean, it's blood!"

Will you all join me in prayer for the teacher of her first health class.

********

And then later at home.....

J:"Mom, can I get a water bra?"

R:(huh?)

J:"You DO know what a water bra is, don't you?

R:(yes I know but they don't make them in my size)

R:"So, what do you need a water bra for?"

J:"Well, it pushes your boobs up so they look bigger."

R:"And?"

J:"Well....(blushing, laughing), I know I don't really have boobs, but Lisa's sister has one and Lisa gets to wear it at home sometimes."

R:"Why don't you ask your dad if you can have one."

(Not trying to avoid the question. I just like to amuse myself.)

J:"Daaaaad! Can I have a water bra (laughing because she knows what my intention was)?"

Dad exits room as quickly as his little feet will allow him.

J:"You DOOO know what a water bra is, don't you?!!"

10 Comments:

  • At 1:28 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    She is a riot. It's good that her conversations are being recorded here, because she'll probably get a kick out of them later :)

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    That's why I've been writing some of our conversations here. Otherwise they'd be long gone. I hope she can appreciate when she gets older.

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    Oh my, I am not looking forward to those days! You are a stronger woman than I.

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's so funny.

    The water bra does push the boobs up, but the point of the water (as opposed to regular padding) is to make them feel more real, I think.

    Don't tell Ron. :D

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Your daughter asks some of the funniest questions. lol

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Rachel- I think I've learned with her that honesty and age-appropriate responses are best.

    Liz- I think I'll take your advice. :)

    Suzy- Yep. I think she purposely comes up with tough ones just to see how we'll respond.

     
  • At 2:49 AM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    Oh, but Rox, you *can* do the blech thing, you *can*... or at least, no one ever told me I couldn't, and I've never had any problems... not that there's any blech for me right now. *sigh*

    I just get an image of those bras bursting in the washing machine, you know...

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Purple Owl- If she was older I may have gone into more detail, or not. The trouble with doing the blech thing during your period is finding a partner that doesn't mind the mess. Funny how men never seem to be concerned about being messy any other time of the month. Am I right or am I right?

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I like the way she joined in on the joke on her Dad at the end. Very funny :)

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    roxanne - so right!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home