Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Who wants to join?

I just made arrangements to meet a woman whom I met on a knitting/crocheting website, this Friday. We are starting our own informal group (just the two of us so far) to get together and share patterns, chat, eat goodies, and teach each other skills. I'm so excited! From our emails, I think this is an older woman. I think I've mentioned here before that I get along with older people better than those that are closer to my own age. I'm not sure what it is. And not that I don't like hanging out with younger people ( I don't want to get myself uninvited to Bearette's disco ball). It's just that there's none of that comparing and catty behavior. I can handle talk about hot flashes and Depends anyday.

She said she knows how to knit and is more than willing to teach me. I didn't even ask, but this may be the push I needed to get past that first step in all my knitting books. I get stuck every time and immediately go back to the crocheting. I guess you could read something into that if you wanted to. I just find it very comforting and relaxing to do the familiar. If I'm getting myself frustrated and confused while trying to do a pleasure activity, then what's the point?

Now I need to go find a good recipe from something yummy to bake. I don't want to show up empty handed!

***By the way, we're meeting on Friday nights. I suppose we'll have to come up with a name other than "The Friday Night Knitting Club". ;)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:29 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    That sounds like fun! And you can still come to my disco ball :)

    I'm nervous about my knitting class tomorrow. Silly, I know. But anything unfamiliar freaks me out a bit.

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I'm jealous that both of you are learning to knit! Maybe once I get to Edmonton and will need even warmer stuff. :)

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I'm glad your class went so well. I'll have to post pictures of my progress after Friday.

    Suzy- You should learn, too. We could form a blogger knit support group!

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I get wanting to do something that relaxes you.

    My husband doesn't get why I don't like to play video games. He loves to.

    They only aggravate me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home