Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happiness is.........

dancing like an idiot to the CD "Kid's Bop 5" and getting paid for it. Add getting to wear an Indiana Jones hat with a glittery flower painted on the side (courtesy of Jesse) and a group of 3 year olds and you have yourself a very fine time indeed. At one point, I even had one of the girls chanting, "Go Rooox, Go Rooox!" I didn't think I was that good of a dancer, but I'm not going to argue with a 3 year old.

Have you ever listened to the "Kid's Bop" compilations? I found it at the second hand store for $1. It's a collection of Top Pop Hits that are redone by no-name singers who eerily sound very close to the real thing (and they have a bunch of kids singing background). I wonder if they have Sound Alike contests to find these performers. Not quite the same as Milli Vanilli but the same concept I guess.

I was ok with the Clay Aiken sound alike. I was ok with the Gwen Stephani sound alike. But they pushed the envelope when they tried to fake Justin Timberlake. And Ryan Cabrera. There's no replacing those dudes.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I haven't heard of Kid's Bob, but it sounds like a good idea!

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

    Each of your blog topics have been a joy to read.

    Your talents exceed and I wait intrigued for your next!!!

    ps your eavesdrop in car topic - brought back memories of my young neice in the car - when I was driving - thank god for being "hearing-impaired" .

    Keep up the good work and have a lovely weekend too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home