Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Update #3

This will be short as there hasn't been much of anything happening around here since Donna left Sunday. I think Ron and I are just trying to digest it all. Long in-depth talks, hurt feelings, misunderstandings, personality conflicts, tearful picture viewings, lots of cute picture taking of the grandkids. Sounds like a visit from the in-laws to me. But it was possibly too much, too fast. How do you fit 37 years into 4 days?

I felt myself being pulled in different directions. On the one hand, I felt a deep connection with her which is not normal for me when I first meet someone. And then when things started to take a turn for the worse, I felt like I needed to take sides. I didn't and don't want to do this. But I also feel it is my duty to stick by Ron and help him through this as best that I can.

This is just my viewpoint, but I believe that it was bound to turn out like this no matter how compatible their personalities. If you want to find flaws with someone, you will.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I hope whatever issues came up during the visit can be smoothed out over time. It certainly is a lot to take it.

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    She sounds like a great lady. I hope it all works out.

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger anne said...

    I say give it all time. Things that seem awful and immediate now will lose some of their intensity, and you'll regain some balance in your view of things. I think that's pretty much true with a lot of stuff in life.

    I wish you both the best - I know this is difficult territory.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home