Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update #1

Everything's going fine. Tears have been shed. Mostly during the before coffee, Ron still snoozing, beginning of daycare day session. It's all good. Funny thing is, as emotional as I can get (crying at commercials, sappy movies, a dead bug), I shed not one tear so far. I hope she didn't think I was an emotionless hard ass while she's telling me about how she didn't have a choice (sob, sob) and she wished that there was someway to go back and make Ron's childhood better.

Yes, she also said she knows it's not productive to do this, but it is probably unavoidable for someone who, at 16 years old, was bullied into giving away her baby and had no part in deciding where he was going. I can't even imagine.

She is falling into the grandma role very quickly. More tears were shed as she told me how touched she was when they first pulled into the driveway. Nate was outside and she said the look of anticipation and excitement as he not quite jogged over to meet her was something she'll always remember.

She's already got a trip to Goodwill with Jesse and I planned. All three of us are thrilled. Ron wants nothing to do with this. ;)

Some apparent similarities in the gene pool: She uses the word "hideous" when her mom shows her cute clothes (how many times have I heard that word from Jesse?). She's a nature lover and considered bringing her coffee table sized Audubon Society bird book with her to share (oops no room in the suitcase). We've yet to compare feet to see if she has the same weird curved toes that Ron and both the kids have.

And finally, you know that you've been using aliases for too long when...........

you accidentally use it in a "real life" email. Oops!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like things have been going really well. How is the jealousy now?

     
  • At 10:59 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Woo! So exciting. I'm glad you all got to meet at last.

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    sounds as though things are going well for you and Ron. That's great, I hope you can form a really good relationship with her.

     
  • At 8:58 AM , Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

    Oh, hugs! I love them too. (I don't overthink them... just everything else in life!)

    Thinking of all of you, Rox... so glad things seem to be going so well.

     
  • At 12:07 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    I can't leave a comment on the new entry... wow... I sure have missed a hell of a lot! That's a Hallmark movie right there! Geeze! I'm glad the kids are getting to know their grandma and that you finally get to experience "the mother-in-law" and I'm glad I could help with the little tip on my entry today. It really works too! lol

    mt

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Rox - i think you might have turned off comments on your most recent entry by accident...if so, you can go to your post, it will say Post Options on the bottom, click & pick "Allow comments". If you did it on purpose, just ignore me ;)

    I thought of this because I did the same thing by accident this morning.

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- No jealousy on my part, but mostly because there was never a chance for it to crop up.

    Bearette- Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize the no comments option had been set.

    Rachel- They WERE going well the first few days. I hope that things can be worked out for future visits.

    Purple Owl- Thanks for the well wishes. I hope things go better next time (if there is one :(

    Mt- Yep, lots been goin' round in these here parts.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home