Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Orgasms and Money

On Fridays I don't have any kids until later in the day, so I've been treating myself to licorice, chocolate, and a movie at the $1 theater (the treats of course I sneak in).

Today I saw "Because I Said So". It was entertaining and worth the $1 when I got all hot and bothered watching Mandy Moore's character explain what an orgasm feels like.

The other thing that made my day was when I saw a woman in Sam's Club run to catch up with an older gentleman that had dropped some of his money at the check out stand. It's little things like that that make me smile and realize that maybe the world is not going to pot.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    For me the orgasm scene was so poignant, the way Mom asked her daughter what it feels like, and the look on the daughter's face when she realized what her mom has missed out on...

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    That was a fun movie. I didn't find it entirely believable that she never had one. But I guess she had one by the end!

    $1 is a really good deal. I wish we had something like that in Manhattan.

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- It was for me, too. Besides making me hot. ;)

    Bearette- I actually thought it was believable since there are, unfortunately, many women who've had problems in that area.

    I'm totally addicted to the $1 movies. They are second run and usually come out the same time as the DVD is released. My only complaint...they charge $2 on the weekend. Outrageous!

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I love little moments like that too. It motivates me to try to do more of them myself. :) (good deeds, not orgasms. although more of those are good too!) lol

     
  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Suzy- and more of those are in the near future for you it sounds like. Yippee! (orgasms..not good deeds)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home