Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Found!!!!

I continued to stress the whole day about my missing wallet until, this evening, I was frantically searching every nook and cranny of the house with flashlight in hand. Nate was sitting at the computer desk and asked what I was up to.

I NEED TO FIND MY WALLET!!!

Without me asking, he pitched in and started opening cupboards and shelves. I went into the next room and shortly thereafter heard him exclaim, "I found it!"

WHA????? Where was it?

In the bottom drawer of the desk, all the way to the back.

I gave him a great big hug and a few thank yous. He says, jokingly, "Now you owe me $20 bucks!"

I am so, so happy not to have to replace my driver's license and credit cards and everything else I have stashed in there. Plus I really needed the contents of the my wallet for the next three days. Doctor's appointments on Wed. and Thurs. in which they'll need to see my insurance card. Then Friday I'm taking the daycare kids on a field trip to the zoo. It probably would have been bad form to be driving other people's children around town without a license. So, yippee!

In other news, we are getting a new roof on our house and two garages. It is only going to cost us $250! Due to a hailstorm back in June (in which we didn't think we even had damage from but all the neighbors were getting approved for roof repair), our insurance adjuster determined that, yes, we did have enough damage to replace the whole roof. Phew!! I was really not looking forward to shelling out $10,000 - 15,000 in the next couple years. We have moss growing on many of the tiles and a leak here and there so this was a great relief. All hail hail storms who do great amounts of property damage! I'd like to also note that this is the first homeowner's insurance claim we've ever made in 15 years of owning various homes. So, we were due. Maybe I'll take some pictures of the roof being installed so y'all can see our new, pretty rooftop (and maybe some shirtless dudes!).

8 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! $250 is a good deal.

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    So do you know how your wallet ended up in the drawer?

    I think most of us would be thrilled to pay only $250 for a new roof!

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- Our deductible is $500 and they gave us a $250 credit for putting their sign at the front of our property.

    Suzy- My guess is still that Jesse was sleepwalking and put it there. Ron's guess is that Nate was attempting to use my credit card to order something just as someone came down the stairs, he panicked, and threw it in the drawer.

    I don't think he's right. I like to believe that I can still tell whether or not my kids are telling the truth.

     
  • At 4:14 AM , Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN said...

    Congratulations. Your request for the positive vibes was a wise one.

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    All hail hail storms!

    And let's hear it for topless men too.

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger The Beast Mom said...

    Hey can you come over and throw a bunch of hail on our roof? We need it replaced very soon. ;)

    Glad you found the wallet! That's always a huge pain to have to cancel all the cards and stuff.

    -bm

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Shirtless dudes... is it Christmas already?? lol

    Just wanted to swing by and say hello. I'm back from Europe and things are awesome!

    New Roof.. yay! :)

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Dude man-Thanks! Glad to see you around once again.
    Caro- :)

    Beast mom- I'll send hail vibes your direction. I've never actually lost a wallet and I certainly don't want to start now. :)

    Mt- Yep, Christmas in October. :)
    I'm so happy that things are looking up for you. It's been a long time coming. Of course, I don't have to tell you that!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home