Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Burfday To Me

I had a birthday two days ago. I am now a few days closer to Forty than to Thirty. And, yet, I feel the same as I did at the beginning of the week. Why is it that so many people become obsessed with numbers? Of course, there are the major milestones...at 16 you can drive.....at 18 you can vote....at 21 you can drink (legally). After that all of the major milestones quickly become negative ones. I think I'll stick with the belief that you're only as old as you feel. At 25 I felt like I was about 40. But today, at 35, I feel about 35.

Anyhoo, my day was pretty normal. Work from 8am until 5:30pm. Take the kid to horse lessons (by the way she is doing AWESOME, had her first little jump and didn't fall off the horse!). Come home to a cooked dinner (yay!). And cheescake for dessert (double yay!). My present from Ron? Tickets to go see Stevie Wonder in concert! He is definitely on my 'must see in this lifetime' list. And now I'll be able to check him off that list. For those of you that have been around here for a while, you might recall I actually got to see Stevie sing one song last winter at the Gerald Levert memorial. But a whole concert of nothing but Stevie? Pure heaven.

I also got a phone call from the family. As soon as I answered everyone (including all the kiddos) yelled (mostly) in unison, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROXANNE!!!!!". Except, of course, it was my real name because that would just be freaky if they called me Roxanne, right? My mom and sister informed me that I'll be getting my presents from them 'as soon as they're finished making them'. I told 'em don't worry too much about rushing. I can wait patiently. 'Specially for something handmade. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday!! :) Eat some cake for me. I love cake.

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Happy birthday!! I try not to think about numbers, either.

    Cake is good.

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN said...

    Handmade gifts are always a plus.

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a nice day. Be sure to let us know when you get your homemade gifts! :)

     
  • At 12:35 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- Thanks! I think I ate my fair share of the cheesecake. It was gone in about 2 1/4 days (with the help of three other people, mind you).

    Bearette- Cake is definitely good. :)

    Dude man- I love them!

    Suzy- Thanks. I'll definitely take pictures.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home