Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You can't make up this kinda stuff

Found this ad on craigslist in the childcare section. Think I should change my ad to sound a little more like this one????

hello are you looking for a babysitter?we are your normal redneck family we have 2 teenage kids ,a puggle and 4 cats so if you dont mind your kids being around animals we would like to watch your kids in our home if you work or just need a night out to go to a hodown.im a stay at home ma 39 lost of experenice with my kids.i dont smoke but hubby does.animals great with kids.can babysit whenever you need.$20.00 a day.


This is for reals, y'all!!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i love the generous offer to look after your kids if you want to go to a "hodown."

    And they're honest - upfront about being "rednecks" and hubby smoking.

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Wow - I'm speechless. Finally the ultimate babysitter and they live so far away from me.

    The only thing they forgot to add is that they don't start their beer drinking, hooping and hollering until after your kid goes home.

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger The Beast Mom said...

    I'm sure it appeals to someone out there... :)

    -bm

     
  • At 10:08 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    i saw an ad in the laundry room for
    "a reliable trustworthy for your kids." Why didn't they proofread?!?

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is too funny. I kinda want to go to a "hodown" now.

    Bearette- maybe you're supposed to fill in the blank? :)

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Maybe. And I guess we should fit in all the "hodowns" we can before our babies are born ;)

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I thought it was indeed refreshingly honest, maybe a bit too much though. ;) If you don't fit in any hodowns before the babe comes, you can ship your kid off to Ohio for the weekend. I know just the person the recommend! Re proofreading: I am amazed at some of the ads posted on craigslist that are not only have extreme misspellings, but the grammar.....

    Caro- Maybe they forgot to mention that part because they include that in the "curriculum".

    Beast mom- That's the scary part.

    Liz-I wanna go too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home