Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's a Done Deal

Just charged $515 to the credit card

After tons and tons of stress the past few days, lots of waiting to receive emails or phone calls, and searching Travelocity for WAY TOO LONG (seriously, they need to revamp the searching process), I basically told my mom that I am coming to be the rescuer/ slave/ whatever you want me to be for the next two weeks. She, nor my sister, did not really want to accept the offer as we all suffer from the same syndrome. Even if your husband has just had 2 brain surgeries in one week's time, seizures, arm surgery to repair a fistula from having too many rounds of dialysis, no money to pay for parking the car in the hospital lot or for more than one meal a day. That doesn't even qualify you to ask for help.

So I told them I was coming. And that's that. Now.....we need to give a few premature pats on the back to Ron for offering to take over our household. The kids will get a good lecture tomorrow about not giving Dad any problems and they WILL be helping out (not that they don't already but they'll be stepping it up a notch).

I will be leaving this Saturday and returning late on the night of Christmas Eve. Can you imagine a present any better than that? And for some strange reason this year, not only did I get all the Christmas shopping done early but, BUT, I have everything wrapped and ready to go. My subconscious must have known that that would be necessary.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so glad you're going. Have a safe trip and update us if you have time.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I'm impressed! I still have some Amazon shopping to do. Fortunately, the rest of the gifts were knitted in advance.

    I'm glad you're going to be with your family. I'm sure they are super-happy you'll be there, even if they're proud about asking for help.

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    It sounds like you made a good choice. I hope your travelling goes smoothly, that your mom's surgery goes well, and that your brother-in-law improves greatly.

     
  • At 8:14 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- Thanks. I'll try but with a kajillion people in one little house I'm not sure if I'll get any time on the computer. Maybe while the kids are at school.....

    Bearette- I impressed myself, too. Of course, we didn't do a whole lot this year and a few of the gifts were knitted ahead of time also. As for my family, I'm just happy to be able to relieve as much stress as humanly possible. And get a few hugs in the process. :)

    Suzy- I believe I did. I would have been super-bummed if I had chosen not to go. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

    Suzy-

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I'll bet they'll be glad to see you. What a nice visit it will be.

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger The Beast Mom said...

    So how did everything go? I hope Christmas went smoothly...

    -bm

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home