Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There's a first time for everything

To kick off the holiday season, here are a list of some firsts for me so far.......


  • Drove four hours on Thanksgiving morning along with a whole bunch of other pumpkin pie craving people. We usually host dinner and when we haven't, the traveling is always done at least a day ahead.
  • Ate Thanksgiving dinner sitting across the table from a goth chick complete with multiple lip piercings and dog collar and a tattoo artist.
  • Decorated a fake tree. Once we got the branches fluffed up, it doesn't look too bad. Plus, we didn't kill another poor tree.
  • Decorated the Christmas tree minus one member of the family. Unbeknownst to his parents, Nate took off on his bike (after being told to stay home and join the family in decorating) to a friend's house. He is now grounded from going to anyone's house for the next two weeks.
  • Have 99.9% of my shopping done BEFORE Black Friday. Even if I don't wake up for the 4 am shopping frenzy (which I've done more than a handful of times), I almost always end up shopping at least sometime during the big sale weekend. No need to this year. Even though I'm a huge bargain hunter, it was actually nice not to stand in any of those lines.

How is your holiday season going so far?

8 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I want details on the goth chick!

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My mom, sister and I went shopping on Black Friday as usual. We stopped at smaller stores first, then lunch, and didn't hit an actual mall until around 3 pm, so the frantic, pulsing crowds had diminished. Parking was easy. I think we should do it this way every year!

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- The tattoo artist is a friend of Ron's cousin (our host). The goth chick came with the tattoo guy. She had multiple lip, eyebrow, upper lip, etc (I tried not to stare) piercings. Also, she had on some really cool black and red pants with zippers and pockets all over. Her hair was in spiky pig tails on the top of her head. It was super cute. :)

    Liz- Looks like you have it figured out. :)

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Lynsey said...

    Your shopping is done?? Congratulations! We went to the Boise mall that Friday and I thought I might kill someone.

    So did you take advantage of the situation and get a tattoo?? Ha ha! Glad it was a good one!

    Lyns

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger That Chick Over There said...

    Due to horribly bad allergies, we always have a fake tree.

    I actually kind of like it. :)

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    We have a new fake tree this year and I think we'll be putting it up later this week or this weekend. I kind of excited because it's pre-lit! No stupid strings of lights! :)

    Unfortunately, I don't really have any shopping done because I have no money yet to shop with. And I'm not even sure what to get anyone. Yikes!

     
  • At 12:51 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    One Cool Chic (aka Lyns)- Good to see you again! No tattoos for me. I'm too much of a wimp and I'd never be able to decide what I wanted. As soon as it was done, I'd want it switched to something else. ;)

    That Chick Over There- My husband has bad allergies, so that was part of our decision to go fake. Ours doesn't look too bad either. :)

    Suzy- Man, we should have gotten the pre-lit kind. Oh well. I hope your shopping goes smoothly, once you get some cash flow again that is.

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Blogger Brie said...

    Sounds like you had an eventful holiday, but a nice one, so that's good. I recently got my first tattoo, a butterfly on my ankle. I like it, and it's not as bad as everyone makes it. I was sick on Thanksgiving, but I'm better now. I know plently of people who look like that, lol, and it can be quite a sight if you're not used to it. Congrats on the shopping, and good luck for Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home