Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

A cut above the rest

Welp. I did it. I bit the bullet (and didn't break any teeth). I am now sporting a new, fashionably cute haircut. Before leaving for the salon, I was browsing through Oprah's site again to see if any of the 100 makeovers (minus the one of the caveman dude) looked intriguing. None really caught my fancy although Ron found a couple that he said he sorta liked.

Part of the reason I wanted to go short again is because I find myself pulling my hair back into a ponytail more often than not. It's been driving me crazy for months on end to have hair brushing against the sides of my face. All the styles that I or Ron liked the look of, the hair would still be long enough to be 'in my way'. Ron's final comment/suggestion of what he thought I should go with? "Get it cut to look like you're running from the law." ???? "You know how in the movies they always show women chopping their hair off in a motel room (motioning with hands to demonstrate about chin length)? Something like that. Except a little more stylish. And then you could color it a really, really dark brown....almost black with a reddish tint." So off I went. I wasn't planning on taking his opinion to heart because it sounded a little too wacky to me. And since I've never payed anyone else to color my hair, and never plan on doing so, I was just going for the cut.

I looked through a couple of the books at the salon for ideas. Found a couple that I might consider. One was a short, short look that I've had before. The other one.....I went with. No pictures as of yet. But it is cute. And I love it. It can be styled in a 'flippy' look. It can be combed back into a sleek look. Or just kind of tousled into a messy, laid back look. How versatile I am! If you're still reading I'm sure you're all bored to tears and ready for me to move on. ;)

On a side note: Jesse thinks I 'ruined my hair'. She wanted me to keep it long. But she also likes all girls to have long hair so I'm not surprised. Nate just gave me a 'What?' look when I walked in since he didn't know I was even going for a haircut. Ron said he liked it....a few times. He also warned me before I left that I was not to hold him personally responsible for his reaction upon my return. He's too funny.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Now I want to see a picture ;) I like the running-away-from-the-law hair concept. I think Bridget Fonda's hair in Single White Female was kind of like that.

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I want to see a picture too! I'd say if you're happy with it and esp. if the hubby is happy with it, then it's a good cut! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home