Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Having a girl moment

I've been contemplating for a while whether or not to keep growing my hair out or......get it chopped off again. I go back and forth every 2-3 years or so. Once my hair gets about shoulder length, sometimes a bit longer, I get the urge for a change. After looking at old pictures of myself with the short short cut, I vowed never to go that short again. I feel too masculine, hardly ever wear make-up, and my hair always seems so 'flat' whenever it's super short.

But I just looked at Oprah's (I know, don't say it) website and she apparently had a makeover show where 100 people (I almost said women but then remembered the one shaggy guy!) got a hair makeover. Some of the shorter styles look really cute, but would they look that cute on me. Maybe, maybe not. I also could go with a trim and some layers. I don't know if I would be happy with that either. I may be looking for something more dramatic.

It never does me any good to ask Ron for advice or his opinion on this matter. He's too afraid to tell me what he likes because he thinks I'll get mad if he says he likes it long and I want it short...vice versa. But I have an inkling that he likes long hair since all his celebrity crushes have long, dark tresses. And two of his high school crushes had the long, dark hair also.......

But, of course, I am not any of the above people. I am what I am. That would be confused and needing advice. Anyone? (don't tell me just do what you want because I don't know what that is!)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Ah, the hair debate. Sometimes I just want to shave my head. Thankfully, I haven't done it.

    I would say to keep it long. But this is coming from a person who's never had it short. I had a friend once who said every woman should have her hair cut short; it's liberating. She had her hair cut short years before I knew her. But when I knew her, it was long...

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    To be specific, she said every woman should have her hair cut short "once"...I thought that was telling ;) I think it's the kind of thing where once you do it, you regret it. It can take so long to grow back in. But I think some people do love having short hair, and it flatters them.

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I both like and dislike having short hair for a variety of reasons. The first time I went really short was the morning that my mother-in-law to be passed away. Literally right at that moment I was getting it all chopped off. It was a hairdresser that my mom, sister, and I had gone to for years. She felt like family and attended our wedding. As I was sitting in the chair, the phone rang and when she answered the phone I knew by the look on her face who it was and what the news was. Weird. But that first cut was very liberating. I think it also makes a difference whether I like myself with a short style if my face is thin or plump and round. That's why I'm at least considering going short again. Decisions, decisions. ;)

     
  • At 12:46 AM , Blogger Amy said...

    Whenever I contemplate a new hairstyle, I pay close attention to articles and pictures that resemble my face shape and hair type. Without those two elements, the cutest hairstyle on someone else might not work on you. But there definitely IS a right haircut out there for you.

    I personally like keeping my hair short (long hair tends to make me feel frumpy), but I have been growing it out for a while, and as long as I stay true to my hair type, I've been happy with it. I'm sure I'll chop it all off again soon, though! It really is a great feeling to get rid of all that dead weight.

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Amy- Thanks for stopping by! I was getting the 'dead weight' feeling after growing out my hair for the past two years. I thought I'd never consider going short again after seeing pics of my previous cut. But, alas, I bit the bullet yesterday...AND LOVE IT! Hope to see you around here more.

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I would recommend finding a really good stylist in your area and asking their opinion. They'll have a better idea of what would look good with your face shape, your hair texture, all that kind of stuff. Sometimes (at least to me) it's worth it to pay some more money to get something you're really happy with. :)

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, Mike likes long, auburn hair, and mine is blonde and getting shorter every year. Oh, well.

    I have nice, healthy hair, and I think I kept it long for so many years because it was pretty. The hair, that is. I really think a shorter cut is more flattering for my face. Getting the first major cut was the hard part... now I doubt I'll ever go back to longer hair.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home