Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hello?

Ring....ring....

Roxanne: "Hello?"

Ron: "Hi, it's me."

Roxanne: Oh, hi.

Ron: Guess what? I got an email from Joe Blow Engineering Firm and they want me to come back to talk to them.

Roxanne: That sounds really good! I'm so excited for you.

Ron: I know. I don't think they'd be calling me back in if they weren't going to offer me the job.

Roxanne: That is so cool. We'll have to party tonight.

Ron: Well, maybe not tonight. That might jinx it. Let's wait til I go talk to them first.

Roxanne: Yeah, you're right. But we still need to party.

He has been waiting for a loooonng time to escape his current employment situation. I really, really hope this new place works out well for him. How can you go wrong working for a place that included in their help wanted ad that they have a foosball table in the office? For reals!

A few minutes later.......


Ring.....ring.....

Roxanne: "Hello?"

Unidentified caller: "Hi. (awkward pause) How are you?"

Roxanne: "I'm fine."

UC: "What number is this?"

I've always loved this question. I always want to answer with this question..."What number did you call?" But instead......

Roxanne: "This is Roxanne. Who is this?"

UC: "This is Meryl. Is this 555-6981?"

Roxanne: "No."

Meryl: "I'm sorry. Well, have a nice day anyways!"

Roxanne: "You too!"

That was the friendliest wrong caller I've ever met before. Maybe she'll call back another time so we can chat it up. :)

6 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    D has a foosball table in his office too ;)

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger Lynsey said...

    Have you ever seen the Seinfield episode with the telemarketer?!

    I want to apply at that place just for the foosball table. :)

    Lyns

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I hope it goes great!! :)

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I don't have a foosball table,but I guess I can't complain too much since I get to play with just about every other toy on earth. ;)

    Lyns- Seen it. :)

    Suzy- Thanks, me too!

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Foosball, ooh, I hope he gets it!

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Caro- He did! I'm so happy for him. This should be a great change for sure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home