Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

So long Skippy

I must say that I am not sad to be shipping Skippy off this Sunday. He pretty much put the nail in his coffin today (or pet carrier) when he ripped to shreds many a thing in the living room. I was in the basement actually getting work done to get ready for daycare when he decided to go on a rampage. He, AGAIN, jumped over the baby gate and shredded a library book (on bipolar syndrome), my Family Fun magazine that I had just received in the mail, a junk mail cd (no big deal) and my to-do list (which included the airline info for his flight on Sunday). Then this evening as hubby and I were making dinner, I asked Bobby to go get some wood from outside so I could build a fire later tonight. He tracks in dog poo across the entire living room rug (off white, no less) without even realizing what he had done. Great.

I love cats.

Cats rule, dogs drool.

Skippy will be arriving in CA at 10:50 p.m. and I have already warned my sister that they will probably not be getting any sleep that night. He is going to be so wound up from being in his cage for 12+ hours. Good luck with that, sis!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    When I was younger, we got a dog for Christmas named Noel. At first she was the sweetest puppy ever, we all loved, nurtured, and spoiled her. After a while of loving, nurturing, and spoilng her, she just...went bad. We kept her in the backyard and every time we went to play with her, she attacked us. I hope she's happy (or died happily) with her new family...if she was ever adopted from the Humane Society, that is.

    I really don't blame you, but how did every one else feel about Skippy?

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Hubby is even less of a dog person than me, so is happy. The kids are o.k., but they will be sad to see him go. They are happy that we'll get to visit him and my sister said she will send pictures to keep the kids updated.

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    aww... poor Skippy. :(

    I'm a BIG dog person... Never much of a cat person myself but I was blessed with the best dog right off the bat.

    She was easy to train, she was an unexpected gift, she always behaved, she's never done anything wrong... she's my angel.

    She's getting older now and to think that she'll be leaving me one day just breaks my heart.

    I hope Skippy finds happiness in his new home.

    mt

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Brie said...

    I love both cats and dogs, but I think I am more of a cat person. Don't get me wrong, dogs are cute and all, but I love the individuality and personality of cats. And good luck to your sister, Skippy sounds like a handful.

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I'm sure my sister will be able to tame him. She is one of those people that does not give up on anyone (that's why I feel so guilty giving him up, but I know it's what we need to do). She has 7 kids that have had and will continue to have many emotional and physical issues due to their life before they came into my sister's home. She does not give up therefore Skippy shall be fine.

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger JaG said...

    You're right! Cats rule! Even when they kill my clothes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home