Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Too old to be hip?


Here's one more funny from my vacation:

I took my 16 year old niece to the mall. We were shopping in Ross (the store which I am still mad that we don't have back in Ohio--Mervyn's too) when this creepy guy starts giving her the up and down look. He and his buddy were not so non-chalantly browsing through the clearance section in the women's clothing. I told my niece that I did not think it was women 's clothing that these guys were shopping for. So to avoid them, we headed for the shoe section. I found these really cute pink Sketchers. They fit and were comfy so I decided to buy them for myself not thinking much about it. When checking out, the mid 40's cashier hands the bag to my niece saying, "Here hon, I'll give you the bag cuz I know your momma ain't buyin' no pink sneakers for herself." I calmly replied to this assuming bee-atch, "First of all, I'm not her "momma" and second, those ARE my shoes." She seemed to be in quite some shock as we walked out the door. It was quite entertaining.

Aren't they cute? And I didn't even realize until I got home that they match perfectly with my pink puffy vest jacket. Totally rad, man.

Now you can call me a dork. I deserve it after all.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger JaG said...

    Would love to see the shoes!
    And what a stupid woman!

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jasmine said...

    Ha! I have a pair of pink sketchers that I love! Yay for you for being hip! Stupid lady.

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Grrr… I hate people that make stupid assumptions.

    I would love to see the Sketchers… I like those runners… they are pretty darn cute!

    Creepy mall guys scare me almost as much as creepy needy sales attendants… BLAH!! MALLS!!

    Hope all is well,

    mt

     
  • At 6:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good for you, wear whatever you want to.

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    aww... I love them!!

    Congrats on ...

    A) getting yourself an awesome and cute pair of sneakers
    B) teaching that stupid B*#@$ at the counter a little lesson on keeping her big trap shut and...
    C) figuring out how to post pictures!

    mt

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Those are the coolest, sexiest sketchers ever. You should wear them every single day.

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I know, I am pretty amazing aren't I? Cool shoes and computer knowledge to boot, eh? I shouldn't get too cocky though. It was only one picture so far.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN said...

    cool shoes mate

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger JaG said...

    Those shoes look like something I'd wear!!! You have great taste!! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home